Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Resident Evil Deck Building Game» Forums » General

Subject: Questions about using weapon's effect rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hi everyone, haven't been playing this game for years and I encountered the following question after I played a few rounds.

1.If I want to use the effect on a weapon, must I explore?
e.g. the rifle of the Base Set allow you to reveal the first card of your drawing pile, if the cost of the card is 40 or more, the rifle gets 10 more damage.

According to the rule book, it says one should declare he is going to explore, then he will play the weapons he is going to use.
In this case,does it mean if I choose to take a look of the fist card of the drawing pile, I must explore now no matter what?

Then I encountered another weapon effect:
The handgun of Nightmare Set give you one more card and action if you use it.
I I happen to draw a weapon/action card, can I use it immediately?
(given that you have already declared the weapons you are going to use before you get the card?)
If not, then the card I draw cannot help me to do more damages but hopefully more money for the buy?

Please advise. Thank you very much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tysonkit wrote:
1.If I want to use the effect on a weapon, must I explore?
e.g. the rifle of the Base Set allow you to reveal the first card of your drawing pile, if the cost of the card is 40 or more, the rifle gets 10 more damage.

According to the rule book, it says one should declare he is going to explore, then he will play the weapons he is going to use.
In this case,does it mean if I choose to take a look of the fist card of the drawing pile, I must explore now no matter what?

You first declare you're exploring, play your weapons and then their effects kick in. Full sequence (Master FAQ, p. 3):

"The exact order is as follows, as detailed on page 14 of the Mercenaries rulebook:
1) Announce that you are Exploring
2) Move any weapons that your character will be using from your hand to your play area. Each weapon can only be used once, unless an effect states otherwise (CH-002 level 2 ability)
3) Pay the ammo requirement on the weapons you moved in step 2. To do this, you should have played ammunition cards/action cards/etc prior to step 1 to generate ammo. Designate the amount of ammo each weapon your character is using. That ammo is consumed once you move to step 4.
4) Total up the amount of damage your character is dealing by adding in the following order: Weapon damage, Character damage, any existential effects.
5) If any weapons being used have effects or any effects that occur when your character explores occur at this moment, in any order you wish.
6) Reveal the top card of the mansion.
7) If the top card of the mansion has a “when revealed” effect, apply that effect" (underline mine)

Quote:
Then I encountered another weapon effect:
The handgun of Nightmare Set give you one more card and action if you use it.
I I happen to draw a weapon/action card, can I use it immediately?
(given that you have already declared the weapons you are going to use before you get the card?)
If not, then the card I draw cannot help me to do more damages but hopefully more money for the buy?

Can't use it immediately, you need to survive your Explore to play/use the card(s).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
got it, thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.