Marcelo Melo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What the titles says. Given the trailer, only very few weapons have an alternate art on the character board to show their transformed or unstransformed side. Most hunters just have a single piece of art.

I talked to Thiago Aranha (community manager) and he said they were still analyzing the possibility of doing the alternate art for everything.

If this seems important to you, please let the producers of the game know! Tag CMON employees or leave a reply to their posts asking about this. We can make it happen!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Mahler
United States
Pleasant Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Designer of Tournament Fishing
mbmbmbmbmb
Not that important to me because the mini only shows 1 pose. However it would be helpful to be able to distinguish which side is which quickly and the alternate art may be the easiest way to do that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
I favor Euros, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Make the kinds of posts you want to read.
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m in favor of it. The weapons transforming is a huge and important part of the video game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+100 from me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fils des Loups
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
Agree ! This would be way better with an alternate art !!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin Lo

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Disagree, save the SG for game content improvement/expansion.

Everything cost time and money, I want game content expansion more than art.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SG are already planned, this doesn’t have anything to do with them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin Lo

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
boardgamesdotEXE wrote:
SG are already planned, this doesn’t have anything to do with them.

So, you think they will just spend additional money to commission new art pieces that is not planned? That will hurt their bottomline? Imagine your boss tell you that they will reduce your bonus payout because some backers want more un-planned rewards, and the money have to come from somewhere.

If they planned all the way to 4 millions, then 4.1 million can be another non-plan game expansion instead of art too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Art is already produced, see FromSoftware.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxx David
msg tools
I agree that alternate art definitely should be there depending if the weapon is transformed or not. That was one of the first things that stood out to be when watching the trailer a while ago. It just makes sense and is a way better indicator than looking at the name every 5 seconds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Price
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thematically, I'd love to see the two weapon forms in the art. It would give a lot more meaning to switching forms.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willian Boit Silva
United States
California
flag msg tools
+1 more here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Liolio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geoff wrote:
Art is already produced, see FromSoftware.

I'm in favor of it, but indeed that art is from the video game property, it's already done, it's old, it's made by some Japanese guy somewhere.

So either they can get that same artist back for alternate poses through communication with Sony/From Software (seems challenging), or they risk making new art that may not quite match the same style and quality of that gorgeous original art.

Can't say I have any hope for this one actually happening, but it would be sweet if they pulled it off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They should already have the assets. Just need to load up the engine and take a screenshot. There’s already in-game art in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flo Mie
Germany
flag msg tools
Plus 1 for that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian

Minnesota
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CMON listened!

One popular request we've been following up concerns the transformations of the Trick Weapons. Transforming weapons is a very important aspect of both Bloodborne the video game and the board game. Not only does it change your attack patterns and capabilities, it feels awesome to change your weapon. So let's go ahead and do a change ourselves!

Quick mockup of the Saw Cleaver forms

Our initial idea was to keep the same artwork on both sides to have an exact match between the figure and dashboard, but having different artwork on each side offers a slightly better gameplay perspective to remind you which form is currently being used as well as to empower the feeling of changing from one form to another.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.