Hide
4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » Northeast

Subject: NYC Hive Group rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith Smith
msg tools
I'm looking to start up a regular (probably monthly) meetup group to play Hive here in Manhattan.

I think it's a game that becomes more enjoyable the more you play with other experienced players, though I am always happy to teach completely new players the ropes. I also just prefer the physical pieces and social interactions to digital play.

My plan would be to meetup over at the 30 Rockefeller Center Atrium after 7 p.m. on a weekday that accommodates most of those who are interested. Of course, that requires I hear from anyone who is interested, so drop a message here if this sounds like something that you might enjoy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
james napoli
United States
Westwood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i would drop in to play a game, since i work at 30 rock and thus wouldnt deny the convenience. i'm not a great hive player by any means but let me know what you get going.

Where is the atrium?

cheers
-
J
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Smith
msg tools
Whoops, I meant the Concourse. (The Atrium is where we played at the CitiCenter.)

And being a newb at the game is perfect! I'm certainly no pro at it, haha. And I think the best part about choosing a game like this is the fact that we'll all be novices who can grow in skill at a similar pace.

I've got my feelers out in several places right now to see how many people are interested. I'll be sure to message you when I find the right date to kick things off.

These kinds of groups always start off pretty small, so day 1 might be about 4 or 5 peeps. But momentum almost always picks up as others see the kind of atmosphere we'll likely foster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Weinstein
msg tools
You can count me in! I live & work in the city and would love the chance to play this game with other strategic thinkers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.