Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evin Donohoe
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Scott, I'm one of the producers of Blood on the Clocktower.

Funny you should mention this! Your timing is actually pretty good. Steven Medway, the designer of BOTC, just put up an extensive article going into the ways BOTC is similar to Werewolf/Mafia and the ways it is different to Werewolf/Mafia. It's pretty comprehensive and should hopefully address any concerns you might have that BOTC is "just another Werewolf".

I recommend giving it a read: https://bloodontheclocktower.tumblr.com/post/184409514910/be...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Rubinstein

Long Beach
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A+ response.

S Club Evin wrote:
Hi Scott, I'm one of the producers of Blood on the Clocktower.

Funny you should mention this! Your timing is actually pretty good. Steven Medway, the designer of BOTC, just put up an extensive article going into the ways BOTC is similar to Werewolf/Mafia and the ways it is different to Werewolf/Mafia. It's pretty comprehensive and should hopefully address any concerns you might have that BOTC is "just another Werewolf".

I recommend giving it a read: https://bloodontheclocktower.tumblr.com/post/184409514910/be...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Marzolf
msg tools
One of the most constructive thread ever created... Some people really love to waste other people's time...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
visit us on www.muwins.ch
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just watched the playthroughs when all of a sudden...

IT'S REAL-LIFE TRAGEDY LOOPER!!

Finding out which roles are in play, the possibilities of the "master mind" to mess with the players... since TL is a 10/10 for me, I can’t wait to get this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Conant
United States
San Jose
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Benji68 wrote:

Finding out which roles are in play, the possibilities of the "master mind" to mess with the players... since TL is a 10/10 for me, I can’t wait to get this game.

I'm glad someone else made this connection! It really feels like Tragedy Looper Werewolf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiffany Leigh
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
emptierset wrote:
Benji68 wrote:

I'm glad someone else made this connection! It really feels like Tragedy Looper Werewolf.

I was told multiple times in multiple threads by multiple users that this game's riffs or mere adjacency to Werewolf means that no new fun innovations are actually possible whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
visit us on www.muwins.ch
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hackryder wrote:
emptierset wrote:
Benji68 wrote:

I was told multiple times in multiple threads by multiple users that this game's riffs or mere adjacency to Werewolf means that no new fun innovations are actually possible whistle

I am not quite sure what you are trying to say (sorry, it‘s probably a language thing). I don‘t remember when i saw the last competely new, 100% innovative game. Innovation usually comes in small steps - and i would even go so far as to say that they are rather large here. Roles like the ones in this game have never been seen before, thanks to the active and completely „quiet“ part of the moderator.
Also, whenever I compare a game to Tragedy Looper, you can be sure that I mean it in the best possible way.😉
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiffany Leigh
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Benji68 wrote:
hackryder wrote:
emptierset wrote:
Benji68 wrote:

I am not quite sure what you are trying to say (sorry, it‘s probably a language thing). I don‘t remember when i saw the last competely new, 100% innovative game. Innovation usually comes in small steps - and i would even go so far as to say that they are rather large here. Roles like the ones in this game have never been seen before, thanks to the active and completely „quiet“ part of the moderator.
Also, whenever I compare a game to Tragedy Looper, you can be sure that I mean it in the best possible way.😉

We agree!

I was commenting on the "sound & fury signifying nothing" backlash this game caused via outside forces having nothing to do with the game itself, and dismissive comments in various other threads that this game was "just Werewolf," as if the Blood on the Clocktower didn't have the right to exist as a unique variation on the social deduction mechanic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.