Love Letter» Forums » Variants

Subject: Munchkin Variant Promo Card? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
Anyone know what the Munchkin variant promo card is used for? It came with the "clamshell" version I just bought.

Promo card front and back side

Is this supposed to be used with the game? Note that the back side graphic is different from the other cards.
Maybe I don't understand the concept behind "promotional card". whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conor Mullin

Belfast
N.Ireland
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're supposed to place the Munchkin card in the centre of the play area. When someone is about to win, they get the Munchkin card instead and everyone starts over again. They then place the Munchkin card back in the centre of the play area.

(Joking aside, I'm fairly sure it's only used for the OTHER game, Munchkin)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
easterncalculus wrote:
You're supposed to place the Munchkin card in the centre of the play area. When someone is about to win, they get the Munchkin card instead and everyone starts over again. They then place the Munchkin card back in the centre of the play area.

Now I'm slightly more confused.
So, this is an add-on card for another, completely different game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conor Mullin

Belfast
N.Ireland
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rob2019 wrote:
easterncalculus wrote:

Now I'm slightly more confused.
So, this is an add-on card for another, completely different game?

Yes, I don't think there's any real way to play it with Love Letter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timur Tabi
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a promo card for Munchkin. It has nothing to do with Love Letter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Like you've been told, it's for the Munchkin game, the idea being that people who play M will learn of this card's existence which leds them to learn of M:LL's existence, which is often a prerequisite for them dropping cash on M:LL, many countries' legal systems frowning upon companies taking money from people for products they never ordered because they didn't know they even existed. For the few people who would buy M:LL without already knowing of and playing M, it advertises M's existence.

Also, people are suckers for free stuff, even junky free stuff they'll never use.

Then there are the "completionists".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda W
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And here I was confused because I didn't realize at first that this came up because of my Love Letter subscription, not my Munchkin subscription, and I was wondering how someone could be confused about a promo card for the game they were posting about. blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.