Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Thomas
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a question for the game designers...

We've seen several cards that have effects tied to the expansions COLONIES and VENUS NEXT, for example:

Jovian Colony Boom
Increase MC production 1 step for each colony. Gain 1 titanium for each influence.

Immigration To Venus
Lose 2 floaters or 2 MC. Draw 1 card for each influence.

Martian Protectionism
Gain 2 MC per Venus tag (max 5) and influence.

As the game designer, would you keep in OR remove these cards from play if you were not playing with the COLONIES and VENUS NEXT expansions?

I can see that there are some benefits to gain even if colonies, floaters, or venus tags are not in play. But are the benefits worthwhile enough to keep cards like this in the deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Impeachment time
mbmbmbmbmb
I would not use the cards if I was not using the expansions. But since they are just promo cards seems reasonable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim van Gruisen
Netherlands
Den Bosch
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I think that it would make sense to mark those cards with both the Turmoil expansion symbol and with the Colonies OR Venus Next one.
Having both symbols on the cards makes it easy to exclude expansions you don’t want to play with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Cowlin
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whymme wrote:
I think that it would make sense to mark those cards with both the Turmoil expansion symbol and with the Colonies OR Venus Next one.
Having both symbols on the cards makes it easy to exclude expansions you don’t want to play with.

It shouldn't have either turmoil or any other expansion symbol. It should have a seperate promo symbol allowing you to easilly identify all the promo cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abygael Vimes
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bohdominator wrote:
Whymme wrote:

It shouldn't have either turmoil or any other expansion symbol. It should have a seperate promo symbol allowing you to easilly identify all the promo cards.

Based on the images in the Kickstarter, tagging them as promos is indeed what they are doing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Örjan Almén
Sweden
Karlstad
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bohdominator wrote:
Whymme wrote:

I would actually have tagged them with both a promo tag and the tag of the expansion it should be naturally be a part of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.