Subject: Mars Surface Tactics? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Spicer
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
Hi, I really appreciate the emphasis on planning out efficient actions that combo well to maximize your turns. My question is whether I'm missing something when it comes to tactical movement and building in the colony.

It makes sense that there could be some degree of blocking by using multiple bots to prevent a build in a particular space so you can get the LSS upgrade. Also, you would want to use the rover as effectively as possible to pick up crystals and discoveries. But would optimal play involve much blocking off expansion of complexes or anything like that? Or is it still more about combo play, thinking ahead to get your bots in the correct spaces to build multiple things and have a more efficient turn? Basically, how much does the spacial element here matter tactically when compared with something like Terra Mystica or Gaia Project?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Lang
msg tools
mb
You cannot block hexes with bots. You may build on top of people's bots. It just displaces them.

In terms of tactics, I don't have enough experience with it yet but it does feel like positioning can be important for efficiency.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Spicer
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
Sorry, I meant more specifically if you could use multiple bots to somehow block someone from being able to easily move to an adjacent spot to build since they can't end the turn on advanced buildings, colonists, bots, or rovers. That seems difficult to pull off though, and use of crystals could always allow further movement if that would allow movement to an adjacent spot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.