Subject: Rules are up! Thoughts? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Stokes
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I read over the rules and like what I've seen so far. They seem simple enough (in a good way). I definitely think I'm going to need to see the game in action or some more cards to really grasp the depth and fun of gameplay. For example, the two rows (melee and ranged) seem almost arbitrary as battles are just adding up everything you have and having the higher number win. But I imagine seeing more card abilities (especially more cards with player interaction) will reveal the different rows to be more important aspects of the game, especially when it comes to placing units as this seems like the main point of the game.

The balancing act of resources (claiming new cards, winning locations, holding units/equipment for later battles, committing units to the secret mission) that makes up the second part of the game looks interesting. Especially the fact that players will be weighing the abilities of mercenaries and equipment against their scrap gain (or loss!) when deciding what to pick up.

This game definitely has my attention (as most PHG games do) and I'm looking forward to seeing more! What are everyone else's thoughts?

Also, just a heads up to Mr. Jerry Hawthorne, whom I've seen prowling these forums, I noticed a typo on the second active ability of the Tack Blaster equipment card (shown on page 8). There's an extra 'to' in there. Don't know if the actual card has the same typo or if it is just in the rulebook but just wanted to give a heads up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kenny graham
United States
Salisbury
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Looks interesting to me. I would normally be highly interested as I enjoy the theme and am a fan of the creator’s other games. It also looks like it plays quite a bit different than other card games I have. Sadly, 3 player minimum means hard pass for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.