Subject: Two of each character, why? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Steele
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I’ve only done a scan of the all the rules and scenario book and played a couple solo (tutorial) games, so maybe this is obvious later, but why are there two of each character?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Thematic Colors of Gaming Blog
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So you can look at one for a reference instead of picking it up off the board. Not that stopped anyone from doing it in our game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Iler
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
steele22374 wrote:
I’ve only done a scan of the all the rules and scenario book and played a couple solo (tutorial) games, so maybe this is obvious later, but why are there two of each character?

Its important to not change the orientation of your hero on the board so you have a second mini to help you plan your movement without picking up your mini from the board and messing up its position and orientation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Steele
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RyanCreates wrote:
steele22374 wrote:

Its important to not change the orientation of your hero on the board so you have a second mini to help you plan your movement without picking up your mini from the board and messing up its position and orientation.

This. This is amazing. Basically you've gone so far above and beyond on the production of this game that you included an extra (very cool) mini for each character, just so people could plan their move tactilely without messing up the piece on the board. That's awesome.

Of course that does mean there are twice the number of minis to paint, but I guess since you've gone above and beyond, so can I...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Iler
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
steele22374 wrote:
RyanCreates wrote:
steele22374 wrote:

This. This is amazing. Basically you've gone so far above and beyond on the production of this game that you included an extra (very cool) mini for each character, just so people could plan their move tactilely without messing up the piece on the board. That's awesome.

Of course that does mean there are twice the number of minis to paint, but I guess since you've gone above and beyond, so can I...

Haha. You don't need both painted technically. Just the one on the board

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
I favor Euros, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Make the kinds of posts you want to read.
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m actually considering painting the main one as normal, and the “planning” one as a sort of hologram or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Iler
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
boardgamesdotEXE wrote:
I’m actually considering painting the main one as normal, and the “planning” one as a sort of hologram or something.

Cool! If you do, please share photos!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl G
United States
Glendale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
boardgamesdotEXE wrote:

I thought about that too. Maybe painting each side a solid color, like a Rubik's cube, so it's easy to track movement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Walker
Australia
flag msg tools
From memory they actually stated that they did this so that people could paint one lot of them without losing the vanilla figures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Iler
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
Killjoy1337 wrote:
From memory they actually stated that they did this so that people could paint one lot of them without losing the vanilla figures.

There are two minis so that ones stays on the board at all times and the other you use to plan / figure out your movement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Theuerkaufer
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RyanCreates wrote:
steele22374 wrote:

That’s what I thought and how I played it. I recommend adding it to the new version of the rulebook though. Might avoid some confusion. My first thought was that it has to do with certain scenarios or buddies. Technically you could play with the second miniature as a buddy, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Iler
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
snake2shake wrote:
RyanCreates wrote:
steele22374 wrote:

That’s what I thought and how I played it. I recommend adding it to the new version of the rulebook though. Might avoid some confusion. My first thought was that it has to do with certain scenarios or buddies. Technically you could play with the second miniature as a buddy, right?

Technically you could, yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.