United States
Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Preorder Navajo Wars by GMT Games
mbmbmbmbmb
1. What does the term "engaged" mean? It is used in the solitaire rulebook but is not explained.

2. Rule 15 in solitaire rulebook says that if Red Bot rolls a '1' at the beginning of its turn, they get a free Raid. This is not, however, mentioned in the Red Bot Options page at all. Would this free raid be in addition to step 1 "If EVEN" on the Red Bot Options?

3. Rule 15 also says that if no province contains a single red unit no raid is made. Ok... What about if there's no SINGLE red unit, but a revealed black unit? What if there are two black units revealed? – this is possible due to setup in 1965. Which then begs the question, at what point should two VC units stacked together at setup be split apart?

4. Is there an example of play for the solitaire game? I'm struggling...

5. Any guidance as to how player should set up pieces at game start?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Poniske
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1. What does the term "engaged" mean? It is used in the solitaire rulebook but is not explained.
IT MEANS REVEALED DUE TO BLUE PLAYER/BLUE BOT ACTION

2. Rule 15 in solitaire rulebook says that if Red Bot rolls a '1' at the beginning of its turn, they get a free Raid. This is not, however, mentioned in the Red Bot Options page at all. Would this free raid be in addition to step 1 "If EVEN" on the Red Bot Options?
THE FIRST DIE ROLLED BY THE RED BOT IS TO MOVE RED UNITS EITHER OUT OF NORTH VIETNAM IF THE RESULT IS EVEN OR ALONG THE HO CHI MINH TRAIL IF THE RESULT IS ODD. IF THE ROLL IS ODD AND A 1, A RED BOT RAID MAY ALSO BE MADE. NOTE THAT THIS ROLL IS MADE EVEN IF NO UNITS RESIDE IN NORTH VIETNAM.

3. Rule 15 also says that if no province contains a single red unit no raid is made. Ok... What about if there's no SINGLE red unit, but a revealed black unit? What if there are two black units revealed? – this is possible due to setup in 1965. Which then begs the question, at what point should two VC units stacked together at setup be split apart?
IF THERE ARE MULTIPLE CASES OF PROVINCES HAVING A SINGLE RED AND/OR BLACK UNIT. DETERMINE WHICH ONES ARE ADJACENT TO ALLIED OCCUPIED PROVINCES THEN DETERMINE RANDOMLY WHICH SINGLE UNIT WILL ATTACK WHICH TARGET, AGAIN IF MULTIPLE TARGETS PRESENT THEMSELVES, CHOOSE RANDOMLY.

4. Is there an example of play for the solitaire game? I'm struggling...
THERE IS NOT A CANNED EXAMPLE ALREADY PREPARED BUT GIVE ME A LITTLE TIME AND I WILL GIN ONE UP AND POST IT.

5. Any guidance as to how player should set up pieces at game start?
SCENARIO SET-UPS ARE FOUND ON PAGE 23 IN THE RULES OF PLAY BOOKLET.

SORRY FOR ANY CONFUSION. WILL TRY TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS AS QUICKLY AS I CAN.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.