Subject: Reshuffling the Trail Deck rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Davis Stringer
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My first game was a six player game of Acts of the Apostles that was won rather easily. Will definitely use martyr from now on.

With six players you remove three cards from the deck for a total of 18. The question that arose was whether or not those cards are permanently removed or are they shuffled back in each time the deck is reshuffled and then 3 cards removed again, which may or may not be the same ones? The only reason the question really came up was that it occurred to me that if one of three initially removed was the one that extinguishes the largest church then in order to lose the apostles would have to be the "negligentest of the negligent!" You would basically be just kind of waiting around to win the game going through the motions.

On that note, why is it that more trails are remove the more apostles are in the game? I would assume it is to get those extinguishing trails around more often.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, the trial deck is never supposed to be reshuffled - once it runs out for the first time, the game is over at the end of that Live phase. The trial deck effectively acts as a timer, and if it runs out before you complete the scenario objectives, you lose. Without that, the game usually would be quite easy, as you experienced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davis Stringer
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vuff wrote:
Unfortunately, the trial deck is never supposed to be reshuffled - once it runs out for the first time, the game is over at the end of that Live phase. The trial deck effectively acts as a timer, and if it runs out before you complete the scenario objectives, you lose. Without that, the game usually would be quite easy, as you experienced.

Yeah.... a quick rereading of that small section of the rules made the answer rather simple!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.