Popular Tags: [View All]
J Sinnett
United States
Philomath
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Apologies if I'm making a silly mistake here, but I may as well ask.

I managed to miss the kickstarter happening, so I'm looking to late-pledge to get a copy of the new AoS edition. I totally get that I'm not going to get the stretch-goals-included version of the game, but I'd kind of like to throw the extra $30 in to get the SG boards anyways. However, I'm not seeing the option to add them to my pledge. I see the New England/Pittsburgh and Switzerland map, which I gather is supposed to be an add-on no matter what, but the France/Poland/Hungary/Finland maps aren't showing up.

Did I actually have to get in on the KS in the first place, even at the $1 level, in order to get the other new boards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam Caffrey
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Are you sure you don't get the boards when late pledging? How these things often work is that you get the extras you just pay a few more $s for being late.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph K
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From a KS update:

Quote:
The free Stretch Goals are still free and included with any additional copies of the base game purchased in the PM if you have pledged during the KS at the Engineer or Conductor Pledge Level!

If you pledge only $1 during the KS, you will be offered the base game (the "retail version" with an MSRP of $90) for $70. These copies will NOT include the unlocked Stretch Goal maps.

I certainly dislike a decision that seemingly aims to intensify FOMO, but it seems this is the way EGG are planning their projects these days (as seen with 'On Mars' as well).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
badshave wrote:
From a KS update:

Quote:
The free Stretch Goals are still free and included with any additional copies of the base game purchased in the PM if you have pledged during the KS at the Engineer or Conductor Pledge Level!

If you pledge only $1 during the KS, you will be offered the base game (the "retail version" with an MSRP of $90) for $70. These copies will NOT include the unlocked Stretch Goal maps.

I certainly dislike a decision that seemingly aims to intensify FOMO, but it seems this is the way EGG are planning their projects these days (as seen with 'On Mars' as well).

Why not reward people who commit earlier?

Also, the stretch goal maps are still available, so you are only missing out on a good deal, not on the product itself, which would lessen FOMO, IMO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Dodd
United States
Coraopolis
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HikariStarshine wrote:
I see the New England/Pittsburgh and Switzerland map, which I gather is supposed to be an add-on no matter what, but the France/Poland/Hungary/Finland maps aren't showing up.

They're supposed to be available for late backers at $15 per map set. I late pledged on Monday and they were available then... maybe EGG needs to chime in if they're not showing up now. No reason they'd be "out of stock" of something they haven't produced yet, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Sinnett
United States
Philomath
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mfl134 wrote:
badshave wrote:
From a KS update:

Quote:

Why not reward people who commit earlier?

Also, the stretch goal maps are still available, so you are only missing out on a good deal, not on the product itself, which would lessen FOMO, IMO.

This.

I don't mind that I'll be paying more. I mind that the maps dont even seem to be available for me. :/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Sinnett
United States
Philomath
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
...and the SG maps are still not showing up in my pledge manager, several days later.

This makes me wonder what EGG is actually trying to do, here. There's no reason, if those maps aren't available in any way, to order via the pledge manager; it's unlikely that one would be unable to find the game for an effectively equal cost, later on, when you take into consideration how easy it is to get free shipping from online stores... If there's no incentive to jump on the pledge manager after the KS is over, then it's just them throwing away potential money that would be going straight to them right now, before they've even manufactured things, rather than through the multiple layers of middlemen involved in retail.

I have a perfectly-playable 3rd Edition copy of the game. I want to upgrade to a new edition that has some serious QoL fixes (seriously, discs are so much nicer than those plastic trains were, as pretty as they might be on the table), I want to pay a little extra on top to get the stretch goal maps as well, but I don't need to spend any money right now if there's no reason to. If my only option here is going to be to get exactly what I'd get at retail, but pay now instead of later... I'm going to pay later. If I pay at all; I could just as easily decide to stick with my 3rd Edition copy and buy something different.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Gershuny
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Me too... I had gone through the PledgeManager after backing late a couple days ago, and I too do not even see the SG Maps and the ability to pay $15 to purchase them. I did get all the other maps that I could, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruth C.
msg tools
@J Sinnett -- the SG maps are available. There does appear to be an issue where not everyone can see them. I cannot see your order in the Pledge Manager, but if you send an Email to me at Kickstarter@eagle-gryphon.com quoting your order number I will be able to add them for you.

Ruth Cumberbatch
Eagle-Gryphon Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.