Popular Tags: [View All]
Curtis Frantz
United States
State College
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. There's some language in the rules about an exhausted enemy not being allowed to counterattack. When would an enemy be exhausted during this phase? Shadow phase isn't until after the player turns, so I don't understand how enemies could already be exhausted.

2. Does counterattacking exhaust enemies? I've thought not but there were a couple times an enemy didn't attack during the shadow phase when I assumed it would. We thought maybe this was due to its exhaustion, but I'm not sure.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unlimited Power
msg tools
mbmbmb
Action 1 - you attack, but they don't die. The enemy will counter attack and then exhaust.

Action 2 - you attack, but they don't die. The enemy will not counter attack you.

There are a few exceptions with elite and phases but that is generally how it would play out. The app does a great job managing this properly. Always enter your hits (even zero hits) when attacking and the app will manage when they exhaust.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Frantz
United States
State College
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
unlimitedpower wrote:
Action 1 - you attack, but they don't die. The enemy will counter attack and then exhaust.

Action 2 - you attack, but they don't die. The enemy will not counter attack you.

There are a few exceptions with elite and phases but that is generally how it would play out. The app does a great job managing this properly. Always enter your hits (even zero hits) when attacking and the app will manage when they exhaust.

Interesting! So they wouldn't attack in the shadow phase either then?

If I'm understanding correctly, a non-elite enemy can only attack once per round then, whether it's a counterattack or otherwise?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Christensen
United States
Pleasant Grove
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmb
I don’t think provoked attacks exhaust a unit
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Y.
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One point: An enemy can have multiple provoke attacks in a round. Provoking doesn't exhaust them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, an attack with the STUN modifier exhausts the enemy and prevents them from counterattacking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Rubbo
United States
Philadelphia
PA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Provoking doesn’t exhaust, but those exhausted cannot be provoked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Y.
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LemonyFresh wrote:
Provoking doesn’t exhaust, but those exhausted cannot be provoked.

An ancient dwarven proverb.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
admin
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Noch gibt es dies Land nur im Geiste, doch stehen wir wachsam bereit. Am Feuer erklingen die Lieder für eine bessere Zeit.
mbmbmb
unlimitedpower wrote:

Not 100% accurate. The enemy must both survive and be elegible for counterattacking. Some examples:

- If you stun the enemy, they cannot counter, even if they survive your blow
- If you attack ranged, but the enemy has a melee attack only, they cannot counter, even if they survive your blow

The app here is a great help; after attacking, if the enemy survives, the app prompts you a text window asking whether the enemy can counter or not. This means check range compatibility (so, if you attack melee is a yes, if you attack ranged it's a yes only if the enemy has a ranged option); if the enemy was stunned by your attack, no such window appears.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.