Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
Pugs are like little people in fur coats.
badge
If it's not a Pug, it's just a dog.
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at the board for the Goddess expansion, I was on the right hand side, specifically on the space that says cash in 2 Moon shards for 8 VP

I roll my dice and take my turn, taking the card that allows me to move backwards 2 spaces. So I move backward through Roll a die Celestial Die 2x space (Space 1), then onto the Spend 6 gold for 6 VP space (Space 2).

When I rolled my die the Celestial Die the first time, suppose I got the Mirror side and choose to copy "Advance 1 space on the board" from a die (or get the "Turn one of your dice to a side and apply it's effect" side).

Here's how we figured I'd perform this turn.

EHeroic Feat - Move back 2 spaces.
Instant effect: Move your Golem token two spaces backwards and apply the effects each space in order.
EGoddess Event Board
EMove back to Roll Celestial Die Twice (Space 1)
EMove back to Exchange 6 gold for 6 VP (Space 2)
ENow apply the effects of the spaces in order.
Space (1) resolution
ERoll Celestial die, move forward to Roll Dice Twice (1st of 2 Rolls from first activation)
ERoll Celestial die, apply face (1st of 2 rolls from second activation)
ERoll Celestial die, apply face (2nd of 2 rolls from second activation)
ERoll Celestial die, apply face (2nd of 2 rolls from first activation)
Space (2) resolution
ESpend 6 gold for 6 VP

I could also see resolving them "in order" in reverse order from what I did above. Space 2 first, then Space 1, since that's the "order" when moving forward.

EDIT: I corrected my post from "Rolling my dice" to "Rolling the Celestial die" after it was pointed out to me that we were playing the space incorrectly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kayla Bivens
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those spaces don't mean "roll a die (once/twice)", they mean "roll the Celestial Die (once/twice)". Granted, the Celestial Die can mirror any current die face for the round, which can cause such chain reactions to occur, but it doesn't directly mean "roll (one/both) of your dice".

Also, I'm pretty sure the sequence would be something like:
1. Heroic feat = move back 2 spaces
2. move back 1 space (1 backward movement banked)
3. Roll Celestial Die, do what it says (1 C.Die roll remaining, 1 backward movement remaining)
3a. If you are able to move on the Goddess board via the C.Die's result, move now and choose to pay 2 Moon for 8VP.
4. Roll Celestial Die again
4a. Same as 3a, but if you get a move effect, you move to the space past the 2 Moon for 8VP space.
5. Move back 1 space (regardless of whether you moved via the Celestial Die)
6. This might trigger 2 more Celestial Die rolls if you roll well enough and plan things out, which could trigger even more movement shenanigans.

I'm beginning to think it's the more complicated module just by virtue of how intense turns can get with stacking/chaining of effects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
Pugs are like little people in fur coats.
badge
If it's not a Pug, it's just a dog.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for pointing out that the symbol is to roll the Celestial die! That certainly makes it easier to deal with. But as you pointed out, there is that mirror effect or turn your die effect that could trigger something similar to what I described. I corrected my post to reflect this correction.

So basically you're saying that you move back one space at a time and resolve the effects as you move backward. The way we did it was to move back twice, then start applying the effects of the spaces moved through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Libellud Team
France
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Kayla is right. Do not forget this sentence (p.10 of the rulebook):
When your Golem token moves on the Goddess Board more than one space, always resolve the effects of each space before moving to the next.

Have good games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.