Popular Tags: [View All]
Einar J Wetaas
Norway
Bergen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have never liked when players mix units that normally wouldn’t fight in the same theater/battle grounds.
I talk then about mixing snow-troopers in a list in a desert or jungle scenario.
For that reason I had to do some model alterations to bring an E-Web to the fight :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niklas S
Sweden
Norrköping
Östergötland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, then we know

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I get that point of view, but to me it's too limiting in how I can play the game.

I have a game mat that has greenery, dirt and rocks on one side, and desert on the other side. A friend has a snow mat and a lighter colored mat. I have jungle, forest and desert terrain and could make snow terrain easily.

I want to be able to play every unit in the game, as I have everything released so far and everything else (except Clone Wars) up to the Dewbacks and Shore Troopers preordered. So anything I have, will be played on any type of scenery.

Should Fleet Troopers be anywhere except on a spaceship? I don't know if AT-ST's would be in desert or jungle. Dewbacks would only be used on desert boards, and Tauntons would only be used on snow boards. Shore Troopers and Pathfinders would be limited, as would other units.

To each their own for sure. But I personally can't limit myself to only playing in one specific environment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.