Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Bertucelli
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can more than one fighter be in the same hex as a bomber and atack it with multiple fighters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Hobiecat wrote:
Can more than one fighter be in the same hex as a bomber and atack it with multiple fighters.

Interesting question -- I've played many times, yet I don't recall ever even thinking about this (because my fighters were always operating separate from one another)!

Looking at the rules, I see no prohibition about fighters being in the same hex. But 17.4 rules about defensive fire seem written with the assumption that there's only one nightfighter in the hex with the bomber. Hmm. So I don't know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Morss
United States
Sanford
Maine
flag msg tools
See 11.1 Deconfliction: "If a scenario Special Rule states that deconfliction is in effect, a nightfighter cannot attack if it is within 5 hexes of another nightfighter."

That applies mutually - so if two fighters are within 5 hexes of each other, neither one can attack.

Deconfliction is a design-for-effect rule to frustrate pack hunting and combing narrow sectors of sky with multiple nightfigher AI which could not have realistically occurred.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
rdmorss wrote:
See 11.1 Deconfliction: "If a scenario Special Rule states that deconfliction is in effect, a nightfighter cannot attack if it is within 5 hexes of another nightfighter."

That applies mutually - so if two fighters are within 5 hexes of each other, neither one can attack.

Deconfliction is a design-for-effect rule to frustrate pack hunting and combing narrow sectors of sky with multiple nightfigher AI which could not have realistically occurred.

Sure, but that doesn't imply that it's illegal for fighters to be in the same hex, just that it would usually be strategically stupid to do so in those scenarios for which deconfliction is in effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bertucelli
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not to many of the scenarios have deconfliction in them. Rules for the corkscrew with 2 fighters is where this came up, I am stumped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.