Subject: resetting the tactical display - what happens to ships? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
EDG
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Maybe I'm missing something, but I had a sub that was Sunk by a heavy hit on the tactical display. OK, so I clear off the display and remove the ships already on it, but what do I do with them?

Are the cards for the ships that I encountered discarded for the purposes of the campaign (so I only encounter those ships in that combat and not in any others at least for this Campaign/Patrol), or are they reshuffled back into their decks so my other subs in other areas may have a chance to encounter them?

Also - if you draw a Convoy Card and choose to retreat rather than engage it, the U-Boat doesn't get 1 Stress because it didn't engage in combat, right? It only gets that Stress point after it leaves the tactical display (which it didn't enter this time)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Fantozzi
Italy
flag msg tools
mb
EDG_ wrote:
Maybe I'm missing something, but I had a sub that was Sunk by a heavy hit on the tactical display. OK, so I clear off the display and remove the ships already on it, but what do I do with them?

Are the cards for the ships that I encountered discarded for the purposes of the campaign (so I only encounter those ships in that combat and not in any others at least for this Campaign/Patrol), or are they reshuffled back into their decks so my other subs in other areas may have a chance to encounter them?

Also - if you draw a Convoy Card and choose to retreat rather than engage it, the U-Boat doesn't get 1 Stress because it didn't engage in combat, right? It only gets that Stress point after it leaves the tactical display (which it didn't enter this time)?

Hi,
I think that once a card is used it is placed in a discard pile and remains there untill all cards of a type are used, when you form a new deck with the discarded cards. This is what the rules say: "After you have drawn the last card from a deck, gather the discards, and shuffle them to form a new deck".
This means that you may encounter again ships that you have alredy sunk, but it is not as bad as it may sound; consider these as ships of the same class (the actual name is unimportant).
As for Stress, correct. If there is no Combat Resolution Phase, then no stress is placed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.