Edu Avalon
Guatemala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
I'm new with this game and love it (just bought a huge collection from someone).

There is something that I am not sure If I understood how it works. I'm talking about damage cards and hits, particularly when you have the ability to regenerate your shields.

Example: an X-Wing with R2 D2: 2 shields and 3 Hull.

a) First attack: 2 damages: The 2 shield tokens are removed, the two damage card stay in place.
b) Second attack: 1 damage. The damage is inflicted to the hull. There are now 3 damage cards.
c) 1 shield is regenerated: One shield token added.
d) third attack: 1 damage: The shield token is removed.

There are now 4 damage cards and no shields:
- Following the sequence, I know that the hull has 1 damage.
- However, If I forgot about the sequence, I see a x wing with 2 shields and 3 hull, with 4 damage cards, which means that the ship should have only 1 hull point remaining.

How do you keep track on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jany Vanderlinden
Belgium
flag msg tools
Fan spotted
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you have a shield, do not pull damage cards, just remove a shield token. Been a while playing X-wing but that seems to be the most logic explanation?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart De Vuyst
Belgium
Mechelen
flag msg tools
Devil Pig Games Volunteer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it's really simple actually.

First, you remove shields until all shields are gone. No damage cards are added when there are still shields on the ship.

When all shields are gone, you start adding damage cards until the hull value reaches zero and the ship is destroyed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Damage cards are only ever used when damage is inflicted on the hull.

As long as a ship has shields, you only remove shield tokens for the damage.
Then, once the shield tokens are gone, you pull damage cards for damage vs the hull.
If shields are regenerated, you put a new shield token in place
If you get shot again, you remove shield tokens first and as needed pull damage cards once the shield is gone again, until finally the ship has an amount of damage in damage cards equal to its hull value and is destroyed.

With critical hits, vs the shields it counts as a single shield token to be removed just like normal damage.
Vs the hull you draw a damage card but this time face up and also inflict the effect noted on the damage card

For normal damage vs the hull, you put the damage card face down which simply counts as a single point of damage, without applying the effect on the card.

This way it will always be obvious how much shields and how much hull damage your ship has sustained and which are critical damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Chadwick

Charlotte
North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When they made the change to 2.0, they made one side of the Shield tokens red, so you just flip that one you lose it. If you like that idea and want to use it in 1.0, you can just buy a "shield conversion kit", which is just a red Sharpie marker. Fill in one side red.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edu Avalon
Guatemala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to all.
Now it's clear. What I didn't realize is that critical hits do not produce efect vs shields.

If the x wing has one shield and two damages are inflicted, one normal and one critical, which one is asigned to the shield and which one to the hull? The difference is huge...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart De Vuyst
Belgium
Mechelen
flag msg tools
Devil Pig Games Volunteer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You always assign Hits before Crits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edu Avalon
Guatemala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, now it is clear!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.