Gentes: Deluxified Edition» Forums » Rules

Subject: Curious rule to decide first player? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
balmydrizzle balmydrizzle
Taiwan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
In the manual: "Give the play who last destroyed a civilization the Starting Player token..."

How on earth can we resolve this rule? Curious....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We're gamers. Many of us destroy civilizations on a regular basis...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raphael Ponga
Belgium
Bruxelles
Bruxelles
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just do what it says.

However, if none of you have as of lately destroyed a civilization (is that even possible? what have you been doing?), just give the starting player token to a random player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Rogenski
United States
Marietta
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, before playong the game, all players must go out to destroy a civilization. Afterward you can give start player token to the one who accomplished this task last. The slowest one?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jimrogenski wrote:
No, before playong the game, all players must go out to destroy a civilization. Afterward you can give start player token to the one who accomplished this task last. The slowest one?

Technically you only need to have one player who has destroyed a civilization, and it need not be immediately before the game. If only one player has destroyed a civilization then it doesn't matter when that occurred -- even if the player was a baby when they destroyed the civilization! (Serious gas, maybe?)

But why take chances? If you're a serious Gentes player, you should make a point of destroying civilizations at every opportunity. And in particular, you should schedule time to do so just before playing in a Gentes tournament!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Erb
United States
Wauwatosa
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i destroy civilizations all the time when i'm playing Civ 6. if someone was a Trump voter would that count? zing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
balmydrizzle balmydrizzle
Taiwan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ha! Thanks everybody. I just forget I am a "gamer". I'm going out to destroy a civilization now.devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
balmydrizzle wrote:
Ha! Thanks everybody. I just forget I am a "gamer". I'm going out to destroy a civilization now.devil

That's the spirit! Nuke 'em 'til they glow! Then nuke 'em some more for good measure!

I just colonized the stuffing out of several continents last night in Endeavor. Don't have my copy of Gentes yet, though, so I guess I'll have to refresh when I get it...
whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Bigler
United States
Zionsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We just normally roll a 20 sided die to determine starting player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chwazi is our starting player app of choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.