Pueblo West
United States
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What An Incredible Way to Start - Thank You

FULLY FUNDED IN 8 HOURS

Thank you to all of our backers who have joined the Space Infantry ranks and made this possible, well-done troops. We have reached our funding goal in under 8 hours and we have already unlocked the First Stretch Goal.

The campaign has just begun and there are still many stretch goals to unlock, pick up your gear and move out to Stretch Goal 2. Remember everybody fights and no-one gives up. Stretch Goal 2 is already in sight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Heath
United States
Pueblo West
United States
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ew Node Card Sets Add Jungle and Desert Themes

Here’s a look at Stretch Goals 2 and 3, these two specialized Node packs add Jungle and Desert Node cards. You never know the location you will find the enemy.

Now you can bring greater immersion to your missions and new challenges, like fighting off vicious beasts in the jungles using the combined fire skills of your squad, or the Search skill to find paths through the dense undergrowth. Communication will be key to your success, as well as up-to-date Intelligence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On Kickstarter? Odd no one thought to first publish a link to the campaign. I've been on the lookout for this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
suPUR DUEper
United States
Villa Hills
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cvlw wrote:
On Kickstarter? Odd no one thought to first publish a link to the campaign. I've been on the lookout for this.

It was announced in about 5 different threads, it is on the prelaunched Kickstarter geeklist, it is on the wargames on ks list. My inbox is getting crushed with notifications....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TedW wrote:
cvlw wrote:

It was announced in about 5 different threads, it is on the prelaunched Kickstarter geeklist, it is on the wargames on ks list. My inbox is getting crushed with notifications....

Ok. Thats great. But usually the main way is right here in the game's own forums. Not a big deal but the company does seem to have some messaging issues e.g. launching a preorder (which I did not partake in) then announcing a KS (which I would very much like to take part in).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
TedW wrote:
cvlw wrote:

I didn't receive any of these in advance, though I check things daily. Never got word until the EB window, whatever it was, had already closed. I'll hold off and see what happens after it hits retail, then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Barry Kendall wrote:
TedW wrote:
cvlw wrote:

I didn't receive any of these in advance, though I check things daily. Never got word until the EB window, whatever it was, had already closed. I'll hold off and see what happens after it hits retail, then.

I also missed the EB and that was similarly annoying and baffling. You go on the campaign page and there are 42 or so EB backers, which is a baffling number. It indicates actually very few people knew given some of the anticipation of the game. Like you, I think I will now wait for retail. Something here just seems poorly managed and there are enough good campaigns to back before retail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Hansen
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I subscribe to my favorite wargame publisher's newsletters, and that's how I found out before the KS launched. I was able to secure an early bird copy. But they didn't last long, so no matter what, some people will be unhappy they didn't get it for $10 cheaper.

To be fair, I don't like the EB practice, certainly not a quantity limit. I'm more ok with a time limit (first 24 hours?).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For those saying that they will wait for retail....

LnLP's last KS was for World At War 85. The initial KS price I got in at was $70. Pre-ordering it now (after KS campaign is over) will cost you $120.

I don't know what will happen with SI:R in regards to pricing. But, keep this in mind when making your decision.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kmikolaj wrote:
For those saying that they will wait for retail....

LnLP's last KS was for World At War 85. The initial KS price I got in at was $70. Pre-ordering it now (after KS campaign is over) will cost you $120.

I don't know what will happen with SI:R in regards to pricing. But, keep this in mind when making your decision.

That is helpful information. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Heath
United States
Pueblo West
United States
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, Chris,

It's mostly just me doing the posting and updates and I may have missed a place.

Link to Kickstarter: http://bit.ly/KS-SIR

David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Heckman
United States
Clermont
FL
flag msg tools
badge
Mr. Yuk sez, "Play more games!"
mbmbmbmbmb
It was well documented on Lock and Load's company website / forums.

I also received an email from David (to be fair... an automated email) 24 hours before the KS went live with the heads up of the actual KS launch date and time. (I had sought a Pre-Order several months ago.)

I was too busy to jump on at that moment and personally missed the EB (shame on me), but as previously mentioned the KS price for LnL products is generally a bargain compared to retail AND you won't necessarily get the KS stretch goals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Heath
United States
Pueblo West
United States
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Guys,

We did EB on our World At War 85 and no issues, We now understand a lot of you do not like the EB and the next Kickstarter we will be doing something different. This was not meant in any way to offend anyone.

David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Heath
United States
Pueblo West
United States
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Guys,

The best deal will be the Kickstarter if you want more then the base game.

Link to Kickstarter: http://bit.ly/KS-SIR

David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Heath
United States
Pueblo West
United States
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, the Gimpy Gamer did a great video on the differences between the original Space Infantry and Space Infantry Resurgence.

Video: https://boardgamegeek.com/video/216469/space-infantry-resurg...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Heath
United States
Pueblo West
United States
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We were asked if we would have any of our Bootcamp Training videos. The answer is a big YES and the first few are up. We will be adding a lot more as we move forward.

SIR Bootcamp: http://bit.ly/SIR-BootCamp

David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the communication here. I've backed the game. I look forward to the conclusion of the campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Heath
United States
Pueblo West
United States
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quick thank you to all for your Support.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florent Leguern Conciergerie Easylife
France
Crolles
France
flag msg tools
Solo soul
badge
Always look on the... *sigh* ... bright side of life !
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hesitating so much I pre-ordered the game a year ago, but today, I'm tight on money. I would love to support, but it's such a heavy fee. That game's been on my radar for so long...

I'm going to cancel my pre-order and not follow through. But good luck for a more exciting campaign

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Heath
United States
Pueblo West
United States
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We will be releasing Design Concepts articles through our Kickstarter over the next few days to give everyone some deeper insight into Space Infantry Resurgence. If you have some questions please post them here.

David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Heath
United States
Pueblo West
United States
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Funded in 8 Hours and 4 Stretch Goals Unlocked
FUNDED IN 8 HOURS - 4 STRETCH GOALS UNLOCKED

Space Infantry Resurgence is a robust gaming system that features a unique solitaire game system and has been further expanded to provide both co-op and two-player modes of play. In Space Infantry Resurgence you command an elite squad of veteran Space Infantry soldiers taking on the daunting task of fighting against unknown alien foes, through challenging environments, using only the weapons and tools brought with you, or whatever can be scrounged along the way in order to achieve victory.

Thank you to all of our backers who have joined the Space Infantry ranks and made this possible, well-done troops. We have reached our funding goal in under 8 hours and we have already unlocked the First 4 Stretch Goals.

Everyone Fights check out our Kickstarter:
- http://bit.ly/KS-SIR

Space Infantry Original vs Space Infantry Resurgence
- https://youtu.be/77cf7B2Oz5M

Space Infantry Resurgence Bootcamp Training Videos
- http://bit.ly/SIR-BootCamp

Space Infantry Resurgence Core Rules Manual
- http://bit.ly/SIR-Manual

David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.