Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All,

What good is having a car blueprint with no upgrade on it?

Is it just good to get a vehicle in your garage? Anything else?

Thx
jonpfl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it’s needed in the game as, if the players take all the six designs that allow to upgrade a part, there would be no designs left to take a car from the test track.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jonpfl wrote:
All,

Thx
jonpfl

That's it... It's also a way to not spend an upgraded design to get a car of that color
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So do these typically get taken in a game or do these non upgradable cars designs just sit there?

Thx
jonpfl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They get taken if someone wants that colour of car. Obviously they are strictly worse than ones with upgrades of the same car colour, but you need to spend some plans on picking up cars, so if you want a certain colour of car, it doesn't matter to you whether the plan has an upgrade or not. Also remember the four rightmost plans give bonuses when you take them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Freedman
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Muse23PT wrote:
jonpfl wrote:
All,

Thx
jonpfl

That's it... It's also a way to not spend an upgraded design to get a car of that color

Just to be clear..and I think you meant this...

You cannot use an upgraded design (flipped design) to get a car. You can however use a design that is upgradeable...aka before it is flipped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Double Dan wrote:
Muse23PT wrote:
jonpfl wrote:
All,

Thx
jonpfl

Just to be clear..and I think you meant this...

You cannot use an upgraded design (flipped design) to get a car. You can however use a design that is upgradable...aka before it is flipped.

yes, that's correct... I was referring to the tile that can be upgraded, so if you have one tile with no part to upgrade and another that can be upgraded, you use the non-upgradable one to get a car into your garage, saving the upgradable tile to perform an upgrade

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.