Subject: Gain karmas rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
RegisF
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
So, I survived my first mission (ambulatory) and I gained 2 xp for my 4 runners. I looked the ameliorations to discover that I can buy shit surprise

So how do I gain karmas ? Am I supposed to run multiples times the same missions ? Lik doing 3 or 4 times crossfire mission to expect being ready to kill the dragon ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
metonymous
msg tools
mbmbmb
To get a real sense of campaign you'll need the High Caliber Ops expansion.

In HCO you'll get five more missions from the "introductory" level Against the Ancients to the Pandemic mission at "very advanced" level. With those, the campaign feel is great.

E.g. you have Crazy Katie at 25 karma, Into The Ork Underground at 30 karma, and the Pandemic mission at 40.
Pandemic earns you 7 karma (it also has a nice option to play for 5 karma), they help you gain karma fast; they are the missing link to the 70 karma Dragon Fight.

A full campaign, up to the dragon fight, requires about 20-25 wins, meaning you'll be playing most missions two-three times. Most of the missions also has different karma options, usually with added difficulty earning you more karma.

The missions
(karma requirements in brackets):

Entry
- Ambulators (Only 0 karma)

Introductory
- Vegas: A Night on the Strip (0) - Las Vegas promo exp.
- Against the Ancients (0) - High Caliber Ops

Normal
- Close the Portal (0)
- Crossfire (0)
- Freefire-for-All (0) - High Caliber Ops

Advanced
- Extraction (5)
- Two Corridor Assault (5) - High Caliber Ops
- Crazy Katie's Combat Towing (25) - High Caliber Ops
- Ork Underground (30) - download from Catalyst

Very Advanced
- Pandemic (40) - High Caliber Ops
- Dragon Fight (70)

(There is also some fan made missions)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RegisF
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
I don't have High caliber, but thx I'll try to find Vegas: A Night on the Strip and Ork Underground.

The karma requirements are calculated by runner or for the whole group ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
metonymous
msg tools
mbmbmb
Elia83 wrote:
I don't have High caliber, but thx I'll try to find Vegas: A Night on the Strip and Ork Underground.

The karma requirements are calculated by runner or for the whole group ?
If you like the game, it is really High Caliber Ops you want. Apart from new great missions, you'll also get a lot of Black Market and Obstacle cards. It is a must-have expansion!

I love the Las Vegas promo for flavor (we usually start a campaign meeting in Vegas,) but it is just a mission and eight obstacle cards. Mechanically it is the same as the Against the Ancients mission from High Caliber Ops.

For karma, it is not a strict requirement, but recommended that each runner has the amount of karma to manage the difficulty. (The game also gets easier at 5 and 20 karma, or at 15 karma if you choose the "Team Player" upgrade. HCO also somewhat eases the game.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, each mission has a few 'kickers' on it that increase the karma reward by changing some parameters.

This allows you to run slightly different missions if things get too easy or repetitive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls