Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexander Alekhine
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mudville BH2045 League Season 2

This thread will report happenings in the second season of the Mudville Baseball Highlights 2045 League. Opening week will be Mon Apr 29 through Sun May 5.

Games will be played via the app. Face-to-face games are welcome if opportunity arises. Report your results with a screenshot on this thread. I'll update standings and stats weekly.

PLAYERS(BGG handle in parentheses)

EAST DIVISION
Eugene (robble03)
Mark (frunkee)

Mike (Mikefitz)

Peter (PeterK1)
Ralph (DragonCat)

Steven (oppedlow)

WEST DIVISION
Alex (alpec73)
Dave (grassquit)

Doug
Patrick (xblgorthon)

Phillip (ExWallStreetGuy)

Tom (alekhine)

PLAYOFFS

The 12 teams have been divided in two 6-team divisions randomly. I've used League Lobster to generate an 11-game schedule over 6 weeks (thus you'll have 1 week with 1 game and 5 weeks with 2 games). See below.

The team with the best record in each division makes the semi-finals. The next 3 best records regardless of division go to the wild card round. Tiebreak for placement is head-to-head result in regular season ONLY if it is a 2-team tie. NEXT TIEBREAK IS TOTAL RUNS SCORED ON THE SEASON.

The 4th wildcard spot goes to the team, outside of the 5 already in the playoffs, with the best record over the final 5 games of the season. This will give teams with a rough start a reason to keep their heads in the game. Same tiebreaks.

Wild card round. Top record plays worst record, same tiebreaks. Winners of World Series advances to semi-finals.

Semi-finals. Best regular season record chooses his opponent from among the other 3 teams. Winners of those World Series advance to finals.

Championship. The two finalists play best-of-three World Series to determine the champion.

SCHEDULE

The home team (the one in the right hand column) should set up the game (choose miniseries or not as you like), and the visiting team should join that game. Being home team means that you get choice of starter and that you set up the game. Except - if you choose to skip the miniseries, the home team is always visitor first and gets first choice during the 3 buy rounds unless they pass.

Home/away assignments for in-app game play are random. The schedule can be found here:

http://scheduler.leaguelobster.com/559841/mudville-baseball-...

Weeks run from Monday through the end of the following weekend. Please get your two weekly games in at a mutually agreeable time (disregard the times on the schedule).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Alekhine
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Week 1 Apr 29 - May 5

4-3 Eugene @ Tom
4-0 Mark @ Dave
4-1 Doug @ Peter
4-3 Phillip @ Ralph
4-1 Steven @ Dave
4-2 Mike @ Alex
4-0 Patrick @ Steven
4-3 Phillip @ Mike
4-3 Peter @ Mark
4-1 Alex @ Tom
4-3 Ralph @ Patrick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Wilkens
United States
Bloomington
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Disappointed to see the league is already full. If anyone drops out, I would love to join.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Alekhine
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stevekerr25 wrote:
Disappointed to see the league is already full. If anyone drops out, I would love to join.

Let's schedule a series on the app. Geekmail me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Delano
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Being home team means solely that you get choice of starter and that you set up the game. Home/away assignments for in-app game play are random.

Just so everyone knows, this is not true if you choose to skip the miniseries. In that case the home team is always visitor first and gets first choice during the 3 buy rounds unless they pass.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Alekhine
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
frunkee wrote:
Quote:
Being home team means solely that you get choice of starter and that you set up the game. Home/away assignments for in-app game play are random.

Just so everyone knows, this is not true if you choose to skip the miniseries. In that case the home team is always visitor first and gets first choice during the 3 buy rounds unless they pass.

Thx. Edited in original post now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene L
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Week 1
Eugene (New York) @ Tom (San Fran)
NY wins over SF 4-3
One game went to extra innings won by SF
NY lot of cyborgs and gloves SF monopolized on clutches!

Overall great match. Thanks Tom.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Alekhine
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
robble03 wrote:
Week 1
Eugene (New York) @ Tom (San Fran)
NY wins over SF 4-3
One game went to extra innings won by SF
NY lot of cyborgs and gloves SF monopolized on clutches!

Overall great match. Thanks Tom.

That hurt to lose to a newcomer but clearly he is a ringer! Another exciting series. BH2045 delivers time and again.

Here’s the screenshot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Alekhine
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reminder to post the screenshot. If we don’t have one, those series run totals can’t be included in the totals for tiebreaks.

I suggest both sides do a capture to be safe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Fitzgerald
United States
Lafayette
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
Week 1 Mike vs Alex
Mike wins 4 games to 2.

Alex is a newcomer to the league but not the game. His first buy was Big Mo so there goes my Cyborg strategy. I was lucky to go Naturals and find enough teamwork players including Fred Fisk to prevail in 6 games, At least 3 of them were extra innings.

Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Alekhine
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mikefitz wrote:
Week 1 Mike vs Alex
Mike wins 4 games to 2.

Alex is a newcomer to the league but not the game. His first buy was Big Mo so there goes my Cyborg strategy. I was lucky to go Naturals and find enough teamwork players including Fred Fisk to prevail in 6 games, At least 3 of them were extra innings.

Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alekhine wrote:

That hurt to lose to a newcomer but clearly he is a ringer!

You lost your Mojo at the end of last season.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Alekhine
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
peterk1 wrote:
alekhine wrote:

That hurt to lose to a newcomer but clearly he is a ringer!

You lost your Mojo at the end of last season.

Don’t I know it

[looking for Peter in schedule and finding filed under ‘Soft target’]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Lowther
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Mark and Dave square off in the home opener. Hard fought battles all the way, the short series does not reflect the closeness of the match.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Taylor

Maryland
msg tools
mbmbmb
Ralph (Boston) v. Patrick (San Francisco)
Boston wins 4-3
Excellent series with each team winning a game in extra innings. Nailbiter all the way through. Congrats to Ralph!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Delano
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Disastrous start to the season. Couldn't get much going against Dave's naturals despite some decent players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This was a very tough, hard fought series - a real nail-biter throughout.

I was terrorized by Patrick's rally and closer abilities which you can see in games 3 and 5.

The home run count is also misleading as we both had games where they were very frequent - up to 3 each, and then other games when the big guns were silent. We amazingly both had the same average runs per game (26 total each).

The story is in the cancels per game. I had just enough defense to edge him out - and that story is told in spades on game 7. I had 2 double plays, a glove, a knuckleballer, and a clone for the knuckleball, and clutch for that last game. The knuckleballers took out both 5 Tool Model and another player with single, single, single.

It is strange that the box score shows only 1 extra inning game each. I clearly recall the first three games went extra innings with me winning the first 2 on the 3rd card and Patrick winning the 3rd - also on the third card. That beginning set us both on edge and put a lot of cash into the game. (Patrick - don't you recall that the first 3 games were extra innings?)

Terrific start of the season with such a hard fought battle. Look out for Patrick! He is coming armed!

Of course, you already knew about me! devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Delano
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Long tough match, with me behind the 8 ball more than once. Managed to prevent extra innings and keep the win with the very last visitor save.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Enjoyed every minute of that one. Mark was outfinancing me by a ridiculous amount (15 to 5 after one of the first games) but I kept winning games every now and then. I could feel his frustration oozing across the Internet and through my screen especially when I was up 3-2! 11-6 in game 5!

Anyways, I think I lost because I am now a 2 sport coach and I kept telling my team to throw long bombs and watch out for the run, and the robots got confused.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Wiklund

Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet! Can't wait for FBH.

Boy, I'm glad things got crazy at work immediately after suggesting we re-do the league! Good luck ever'body.

JW
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Wiklund

Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait, can we just add Matt and me? Round robin 'til 8 or 4 teams remain, then go to brackets?

JW

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Alekhine
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JWiklund wrote:
Wait, can we just add Matt and me? Round robin 'til 8 or 4 teams remain, then go to brackets?

JW

As Dodgers fans used to say, Wait till next year! I’ll keep you in mind for season 3.

(Sounds like there may be sufficient demand for someone to run another league - any takers?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just posting a quick screenshot for a game Doug and I played late last night since I don't think he's a BGG regular.

I'll let him report when he pops by. I couldn't get much going in this one. Doug's another "big revenue" player and the stars came out of the free agent deck for him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Galullo
United States
Florida
flag msg tools

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Galullo
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Do I have to do anything else?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.