Alexander Alekhine
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dougg63 wrote:
Do I have to do anything else?

Thx Doug. No need for more, and since Peter got there first, you were covered anyway.

Maybe some gloating recap is in order though.

BTW if you edit the post and add the word medium after the number and before the bracket, it will enlarge the pic. Congrats on your first win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dougg63 wrote:
Do I have to do anything else?

Yeah. Say how awesome that Football Highlights app screenshot looks and how you can't wait until it comes out.

You can also use this for the quick post game interview, if you don't want to spend too much time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Lowther
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Just got taken out behind the woodshed. Yikes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Alekhine
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grassquit wrote:

Just got taken out behind the woodshed. Yikes!

That was a short Reign of Terror out of Leakin Park. I’m hoping to break into the Win column later tonight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I warned you Steven was a shark!!!!
Swim for your lives!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Doug,
There is one more thing you can do.
Lose when you play me week 6! devil

Glad to see you on board. Enjoy the series!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Millman
United States
Potomac
MD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In a repeat of the semi-finals of Season 1, the Kvetchers lost in a nail bitter with the Goats. The manager of the kvetchers mis remembered what was played expecting a natural killing cyborg when he pulled a blind pinch hitter but alas it was a cyborg killing cyborg intstead in the 7th inning.

The manager of the goats played perfectly. One day I'll beat him... One day (0-10)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played Phillip in a great series.
Unfortunately, the game did not give me a chance to get a screenshot.
EDIT - Fortunately Phillip got it!

The series went 7 games. And I won by a hair. He had a fast runner on 2nd and threatened 2 home runs for the win. But my Visitor Save WALK was just the card for the job!

Again, a real nail biter. I lost the first game, then won a few and then had to wait through 2 card cycles where nothing worked for me. I managed to pull through. Overall, pinch hitting saved me a few times although there was 1 glorious botch early on.

Again, total nail biter. Very tough fought and fun, fun, fun.

Looking at the box scores Phillip posted, I have to hand it to my defense for the win. Everything else was very even.

And, I have to point out, Phillip had a Magna Glove (Mighty Lou Leathers) and I had neither Magna Gloves nor clones! I did have an extra Knuckleballer, and a heap of other defense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Millman
United States
Potomac
MD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Kvetchers lost another heart breaker to the man himself Mike Fitzgerald. Always a pleasure to play the master.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Fitzgerald
United States
Lafayette
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
Just played Phillip in a nail biting 7 game series. I was Boston, Phillip was New York. He was 0-7 or so in Robot checks and finally got one to work.
Lots of fun!!!!

Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good job, Mike! Better start for you this year!

Phillip, hang in there! You're losses were razor thin. Best of luck for the rest of the season!

Clutch Hayes = Manager/Coach of the Flightless Goats
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Alekhine
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I got all the breaks in a 4-1 win over Alex. A first round pick of Belanger gave me a ton of income and then the 10 and 12 point players started appearing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Pedlow
United States
Orland Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Disappointing situation.
Playing Patrick.
Steven wins games 1 & 2 2-0 and 2-1, then Patrick gets disconnected and cannot rejoin the game. When I give up waiting, game disappears. Poof. Starting a new game from scratch now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Pedlow
United States
Orland Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Steven wins first two games of two different series over Patrick. First two games' scores were 2-0 and 2-1. I'll make the picture bigger next time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Alekhine
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oppedlow wrote:

Steven wins first two games of two different series over Patrick. First two games' scores were 2-0 and 2-1. I'll make the picture bigger next time!

That is frustrating - I’ve been there. I leave it to the teams involved to resolve these situations to their mutual satisfaction. There can be cases in which a team drafts in a way that boosts their long-term series chances to the detriment of the opening game or two, so a complete do-over may sometimes be appropriate too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Alekhine
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Standings beginning Week 2

EAST DIVISION
2-0 Mike (Mikefitz)

2-0 Ralph (DragonCat)

2-0 Steven (oppedlow)
1-0 Eugene (robble03)
1-1 Mark (frunkee)

0-2 Peter (PeterK1)

WEST DIVISION
1-0 Doug
1-1 Dave (grassquit)

1-1 Tom (alekhine)

0-2 Phillip (ExWallStreetGuy)

0-2 Alex (alpec73)
0-2 Patrick (xblgorthon)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Alekhine
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Week 2 May 6-12

4-0 Eugene @ Doug
4-2 Steven @ Mike
4-0 Alex @ Ralph
4-1 Mark @ Patrick
4-1 Eugene @ Ralph
4-2 Alex @ Doug
4-2 Peter @ Phillip
4-3 Tom @ Mike
4-1 Tom @ Mark
4-1 Dave @ Patrick
4-2 Steven @ Phillip
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Fitzgerald
United States
Lafayette
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
Steve as New York beats Mike as Boston 4-2. I remember when Steve won the first big tournament ever for BH 2045 at the gathering several years ago. He plays like he has all the data on each player- and know how to use them. I played well but could not keep up with Money Ball. Watch out for Steve!!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Pedlow
United States
Orland Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

As Mike says, Steven (New York) wins 4-2 over Mike (Boston).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played Alex. We had a great game going. I was up 2 games and the third game was going to be a nail biter. But the game crashed. soblue

We both had outrageous teams as the Buy Row was very plentiful, so it was very disappointing to have the game crash. soblue soblue

We restarted and Alex used Scraps to pull up X-Ray in the first game and that was it. Alex won 4 in a row and XRay was in 3 of the games. sobluesobluesoblue

By the way, the exact same thing happened to me once before last season - X-Ray coming in as a replacement. gulp

This box score does not do justice to the actual play today as there was a lot more scoring in the other game - especially on my part. shake

Congrats to Alex!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Goldsmith
United States
St. Louis
MO
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DragonCat wrote:
Just played Alex. We had a great game going. I was up 2 games and the third game was going to be a nail biter. But the game crashed. soblue

We both had outrageous teams as the Buy Row was very plentiful, so it was very disappointing to have the game crash. soblue soblue

We restarted and Alex used Scraps to pull up X-Ray in the first game and that was it. Alex won 4 in a row and XRay was in 3 of the games. sobluesobluesoblue

By the way, the exact same thing happened to me once before last season - X-Ray coming in as a replacement. gulp

This box score does not do justice to the actual play today as there was a lot more scoring in the other game - especially on my part. shake

Congrats to Alex!

I'm bummed out that the crash happened... It's the second time that's occurred. Ralph and I agreed to spot him the two games in this instance, but because of my lucky pull it didn't end up mattering.

As an FYI for folks, it seems like the Message bubble is where the app gets hung up, so keeping chatter to a minimum during games may prove helpful.

Good game Ralph! Sorry it was under such weird circumstances.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No worries! You needed a little help for your standings! whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene L
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wk 2 Eugene (robble03) @ Ralph (DragonCat)

Tough first match w 3 rounds of xtra innings. Think I had 22 to spend after the first round...but alas Rally bot and an unexpected Mickey Maris (care of RNG bot) did me in

Great game Ralph...Looking forward to our next match

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Results for Eugene Vs. Ralph (Flightless Goats)

I was so jacked up from my first game today with that brutal loss to Alex and it was Eugene who had to suffer the consequence3s.

My first buy I had 10 (compared to this morning when I had 4) and I bought Rally Bot.

Then we had an amazing first game - score was 4 each and went into extra innings (I think that is right). Then we both kept scoring and went until I had 16 bucks stashed. Final score first game was Boston 10 and NY 8. Ridiculous fun as the money piled up.

Then the next game was a defensive struggle that ended 1-0. Go figure.

Then Eugene won the next slug fest 8-7.

The 4th game was close 2-1 and then I put it away in game 5 with a final score of 9-6. My buy before game 5 included 2 robots with 5 hits between them as well as a stolen base ability.

Eugene had a Magna Glove that got a lot of use as well as a lot of teamwork. Seemed like he was adding hits all the time. We both had a clone - which are the best utility players you can get.

And I got Scraps and pulled a Micky Maris out of the hat. Finally I got lucky!

I also pulled off 1 Visitor's Save. Nice when Glove shows up when you need it!

Thanks to Eugene for a fun series!

EDIT: Forgot to add: Yes, I loaded bases twice and had 2 grand slams from an immediate action. Plus 2 more hits after! Nice when you can get it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Alekhine
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My squad clawed back from a 3-1 deficit to take Mike in 7 games. Mike picked up two Magna Gloves with his first two picks and added a third later. He loaded up on naturals leading to Fisk hitting two grand slams, one to win in extra innings. I was loaded with multi-hit players including Maris, who hit a game-winning tater, and eventually overcame the defense. The key moment was the late appearance of the D-D-T (I think) player with Contact, rendering him immune to gloves. Those were the three base runners I needed to win game 6. In game 7 my cyborgs and sole magna glove lined up well against what he sent to bat.

A tense and exciting series. Thanks Mike.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [10] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.