Alex Goldsmith
United States
St. Louis
MO
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Used a bevy of Naturals to top Doug in 6. A nice series for sure! I had a lot of Natural instant effects that were playing in a nice synergy together and that was tough to overcome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene L
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah a fun series for sure...Those 2 grand slams via Rallybot...ouch!

Thanks Ralph

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Alex,

I approve of your beating Doug.

I did not approve of your beating me! soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Delano
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This was a series where the tension ratcheted up as we went. We closed with three straight extra innings, including one with 11 innings and one with 10.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Alekhine
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
frunkee wrote:
This was a series where the tension ratcheted up as we went. We closed with three straight extra innings, including one with 11 innings and one with 10

Mark had my number from the start that series. Well played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Millman
United States
Potomac
MD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Kvetchers snapped their two game losing streak. A high income game that saw a lot of cyborgs duelling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Millman
United States
Potomac
MD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Kvetchers take a late night game to bring themselves to 500. Another very tough game for the kvetchers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Delano
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Patrick beat me last night 4-1. It was late, I made a lot of mistakes and Patrick was playing well. I'm not sure I could have won but I should have pushed it to 6 or 7.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Galullo
United States
Florida
flag msg tools

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Millman
United States
Potomac
MD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting situation in last nights game. We aren't sure if there is a bug or the computer played the game correctly (either way it would not have effected the outcome of the game).

We are in Extra Innings. I'm the Visiting team, Peter is the Home team.

Peter plays Troy Jeter with his Glove and I play Slots with his get threatened hits from the top of the Free Agent Deck.

The system played it Jeter's Glove goes off first but since Slot hasn't pulled a card yet, there are no hits. So nothing happens. Then Slot pulls the natural with two singles (I can't remember the name but he produces 3 bucks). The two singles go off. (One single would have won the game so no issue).

Is this correct or should Slots threatened hits have been placed first?

Peace.
Phillip

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phillip, I answered this (after 2 other people answered it wrong). It is in the rules.

I have highlighted the relevant section. The app performed correctly.

Ralph "Clutch" Hayes - Commissioner Baseball Highlights 2045

EXTRA INNINGS

At the end of a mini-game, if the players are tied on Runs Scored, keep all Base Runners on their bases and proceed as follows:

1. Both players draw 3 cards from their Lineup.

2. Each player chooses one card and plays it face down on their In Play stack.

3. Players reveal their cards simultaneously.

4. Players place their Batter Pawns on their Home Plate to represent their Threatened Hits of the card just revealed.

5. These cards are now evaluated in order as follows:

6. Resolve the Immediate Action of the Home Team.

7. Resolve the Immediate Action of the Visiting Team.

8. Resolve both teams’ Threatened Hits (the order does not matter).

9. At this point, if one player’s team is now ahead on runs scored, the mini-game is over and that player wins.

If, however, the teams are still tied, both players choose and play one of their remaining cards face down and repeat the same steps until a player has won or all three cards have been played.

10. If the score is still tied after all three cards have been played, draw 3 more cards and repeat the entire process. There are no ties in Baseball Highlights 2045!

Note: Pinch Hitters may be used in Extra Innings. This is done in Step 2
of the above sequence; instead of playing a card from your hand, discard
a card from your hand with the PH icon, and place the On Deck card or the
top card of your Lineup face down on your In Play stack.

Note: In the very rare case that you go through your whole deck and the
game is still tied, reshuffle all of the played Extra Innings cards and continue.

Note that your Revenue for the Buy Round can never exceed your entire team’s combined Revenue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dougg63 wrote:

Doug, if you add the word medium (imageid=xxxxxmedium) after the image id (no space or anything) then it will display larger.
EDIT - actually not larger, but mediumer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Peter,

While we are talking about things, here is something I am concerned about. I am not sure Knuckleball or other Immediate Actions like glove, are properly affecting Team Effect added Hits. I have had several times when I have been surprised that a hit went off that should have been canceled. I haven't mentioned it yet as it hasn't affected who won, but it could!

Peter, can you confirm how this works or confirm that I am losing my mind in these games! (Both might be true, by the way)

Thanks
Ralph - wearing the 'Commissioner of Baseball Highlights 2045' hat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Taylor

Maryland
msg tools
mbmbmb
Naptown (Patrick/Gorthon) finally gets a W! Mark put up a good fight, but Naptown was in desperation mode and sealed the deal to avoid going 0-3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Alekhine
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DragonCat wrote:
Phillip, I answered this (after 2 other people answered it wrong). It is in the rules.

I have highlighted the relevant section. The app performed correctly.

Ralph "Clutch" Hayes - Commissioner Baseball Highlights 2045

EXTRA INNINGS

At the end of a mini-game, if the players are tied on Runs Scored, keep all Base Runners on their bases and proceed as follows:

1. Both players draw 3 cards from their Lineup.

2. Each player chooses one card and plays it face down on their In Play stack.

3. Players reveal their cards simultaneously.

4. Players place their Batter Pawns on their Home Plate to represent their Threatened Hits of the card just revealed.

5. These cards are now evaluated in order as follows:

6. Resolve the Immediate Action of the Home Team.

7. Resolve the Immediate Action of the Visiting Team.

8. Resolve both teams’ Threatened Hits (the order does not matter).

9. At this point, if one player’s team is now ahead on runs scored, the mini-game is over and that player wins.

If, however, the teams are still tied, both players choose and play one of their remaining cards face down and repeat the same steps until a player has won or all three cards have been played.

10. If the score is still tied after all three cards have been played, draw 3 more cards and repeat the entire process. There are no ties in Baseball Highlights 2045!

Note: Pinch Hitters may be used in Extra Innings. This is done in Step 2
of the above sequence; instead of playing a card from your hand, discard
a card from your hand with the PH icon, and place the On Deck card or the
top card of your Lineup face down on your In Play stack.

Note: In the very rare case that you go through your whole deck and the
game is still tied, reshuffle all of the played Extra Innings cards and continue.

Note that your Revenue for the Buy Round can never exceed your entire team’s combined Revenue.

I had a similar situation in OT in my final game against Mark this past series. My immediate action called for a pickoff of his runners, but because of the order of resolution, they scored before the pickoff could occur. I could be wrong, but I’m guessing it was the dreaded SF clutch double that did the deed. Another game in the L column!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
While we are talking about things, here is something I am concerned about. I am not sure Knuckleball or other Immediate Actions like glove, are properly affecting Team Effect added Hits. I have had several times when I have been surprised that a hit went off that should have been canceled. I haven't mentioned it yet as it hasn't affected who won, but it could!

The Team added hits should be getting treated like any other threatened hit. I'll keep an eye out on those 3 Teamwork cards but I have to confess I don't tend to use them too often.

The only bug that I'm aware of that I've seen that hasn't been fixed yet is:

If you play one of the cards that gives you extra hits based on the number of Naturals that have been played AND you're in a super long extra inning game and the discards have been cleared and reshuffled, then I think the app has a problem.

I suspect it tries to count the Naturals in the discard pile and the guys that have been played aren't there any more.

There may definitely be bugs in those last 2 expansions. Some of the cards were kind of nuts and they took a lot of coding and for 99 cents it's not the sort of thing I can spend 6 months on. I'm relying on you guys to point problems out - but even that is tough. With so many cards in the game, you may not even see the cards with the bugs very often or have them come out reliably enough to notice a pattern.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Peter,

That sounds about right. I certainly understand the time and effort that this takes. I will keep watch and see if I can nail down the behavior, in case that helps.

Looking forward to our next game!

Ralph

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Taylor

Maryland
msg tools
mbmbmb

Naptown already forgot how to win as Patrick drops one to Dave. An unforced error involving Cyborgs left Naptown disoriented and shaken. Now the the fans are just shaking their heads.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Lowther
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was a tight and hard-fought match!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Alekhine
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Standings beginning Week 3

EAST DIVISION
3-1 Ralph (DragonCat)

3-1 Steven (oppedlow)
2-2 Mark (frunkee)

2-2 Mike (mikefitz)
1-2 Eugene (robble03)
0-3 Peter (PeterK1)

WEST DIVISION
2-1 Doug
2-1 Dave (grassquit)

2-2 Tom (alekhine)

2-2 Phillip (ExWallStreetGuy)

2-2 Alex (alpec73)
1-3 Patrick (xblgorthon)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Alekhine
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Week 3 May 13-19

4-2 Mark @ Alex
4-1 Patrick @ Phillip
4-2 Eugene @ Steve
4-2 Mike @ Ralph
4-1 Mark @ Ralph
4-1 Tom @ Peter
4-2 Tom @ Steve
4-3 Dave @ Doug
4-1 Mike @ Doug
4-3 Eugene @ Peter
4-2 Dave @ Alex

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Alekhine
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xblgorthon wrote:

Naptown already forgot how to win as Patrick drops one to Dave. An unforced error involving Cyborgs left Naptown disoriented and shaken. Now the the fans are just shaking their heads.

You can capitalize on this phenomenon by selling fan bobbleheads. The players may not be so appealing, but Naptown fans will love little figures of themselves, shaking their heads in disbelief.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Lowther
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Leakin Park would like to place a large order of these bobble heads.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Goldsmith
United States
St. Louis
MO
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Far and away THE most epic extra innings game in Game 3 of this one that I've ever participated in or witnessed. Went through the whole deck and then one additional card from the reshuffled deck before Mark grabbed the series lead.

But it proved to be a pyrrhic victory as a combination of a Spitball and a Cloning ability proved to be his undoing in three straight games including a remarkable defensive performance to seal things in Game 6. An unlucky flip on a desperation pinch hitter brought up a Magna Glove, but no hits along with it and that was your ball game. Well played Mark, but it goes to me in 6.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Lowther
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doug and I just finished a grueling post-to-post battle. Thought I was dead when he drafted Mookie after the first game and the big clone Bot after the third. A string of crazy luck in the last two games let me squeak out a win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [10] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.