Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Mega Civilization» Forums » Rules

Subject: A.S.T. Bonus / Expert Version rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Micha Breugelmans
Belgium
Duffel
flag msg tools
The 5 VP Bonus is awarded when a single player moves into the Late Iron Epoch. (not: moved, or: is)

In the Expert Version an additional round is played after a player moves into the Late Iron.

When is the AST-Bonus achieved ?
1) 1 round before the last round if the final round is triggered by only 1 player.
2) At the end of the game when only 1 player is (still) in one of both coloured spaces of the Late Iron Epoch. (which could even be another player than the endgame-triggering player if he had regression and 1 other player entered Late Iron) (If this option is the case, I suggest to change the wording in the rules)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Edit: see correction below.

MiQ132 wrote:
The 5 VP Bonus is awarded when a single player moves into the Late Iron Epoch. (not: moved, or: is)

In the Expert Version an additional round is played after a player moves into the Late Iron.

When is the AST-Bonus achieved ?
1) 1 round before the last round if the final round is triggered by only 1 player.
2) At the end of the game when only 1 player is (still) in one of both coloured spaces of the Late Iron Epoch. (which could even be another player than the endgame-triggering player if he had regression and 1 other player entered Late Iron) (If this option is the case, I suggest to change the wording in the rules)

The Late Iron Age bonus is assessed the end of the game -- not as it occurs -- and is only applied if *one* player "moves into the Late Iron Age" by that time. If two or more do so, there is no bonus. So while the word 'moves' is used, it really means 'has moved'.

Quote:
At the end of the game, each player is granted the following Victory Points (VP):
(...)
A.S.T. BONUS: Only if a single player moves his succession marker into the ‘Late Iron Age’ epoch he receives a bonus of 5 VP. If more than 1 player did so, this bonus is not granted to anyone.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flo de Haan
Netherlands
Heerhugowaard
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Becq wrote:
MiQ132 wrote:
The 5 VP Bonus is awarded when a single player moves into the Late Iron Epoch. (not: moved, or: is)

In the Expert Version an additional round is played after a player moves into the Late Iron.

When is the AST-Bonus achieved ?
1) 1 round before the last round if the final round is triggered by only 1 player.
2) At the end of the game when only 1 player is (still) in one of both coloured spaces of the Late Iron Epoch. (which could even be another player than the endgame-triggering player if he had regression and 1 other player entered Late Iron) (If this option is the case, I suggest to change the wording in the rules)

The Late Iron Age bonus is assessed the end of the game -- not as it occurs -- and is only applied if *one* player "moves into the Late Iron Age" by that time. If two or more do so, there is no bonus. So while the word 'moves' is used, it really means 'has moved'.

Quote:
At the end of the game, each player is granted the following Victory Points (VP):
(...)
A.S.T. BONUS: Only if a single player moves his succession marker into the ‘Late Iron Age’ epoch he receives a bonus of 5 VP. If more than 1 player did so, this bonus is not granted to anyone.



This is not true. The correct answer is: 'moves'. As soon as a single players 'moves' his succesion marker into the first column, he is granted the 5VP. Even, if during the next (additional) game turn he is moved backward (by regression) and another player moves his succession marker into the first of 2 columns, and ends up being the only one there.

In fact: It is the first player reaching the finish-line.

In the Rulebook of Western Empires we will define this more clearly.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flo de Haan
Netherlands
Heerhugowaard
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the exact addition as written in the Rulebook for Western Empires:


* When using the Expert A.S.T.: As soon as that player moves his succession marker into the first of two 'Late Iron Age' epoch columns, he is granted the 5 Victory Points bonus card, regardless of what happens in the additional (final) game turn.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Kolczynski
United States
College Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Flodehaan wrote:
Becq wrote:
MiQ132 wrote:
The 5 VP Bonus is awarded when a single player moves into the Late Iron Epoch. (not: moved, or: is)

In the Expert Version an additional round is played after a player moves into the Late Iron.

When is the AST-Bonus achieved ?
1) 1 round before the last round if the final round is triggered by only 1 player.
2) At the end of the game when only 1 player is (still) in one of both coloured spaces of the Late Iron Epoch. (which could even be another player than the endgame-triggering player if he had regression and 1 other player entered Late Iron) (If this option is the case, I suggest to change the wording in the rules)

The Late Iron Age bonus is assessed the end of the game -- not as it occurs -- and is only applied if *one* player "moves into the Late Iron Age" by that time. If two or more do so, there is no bonus. So while the word 'moves' is used, it really means 'has moved'.

Quote:
At the end of the game, each player is granted the following Victory Points (VP):
(...)
A.S.T. BONUS: Only if a single player moves his succession marker into the ‘Late Iron Age’ epoch he receives a bonus of 5 VP. If more than 1 player did so, this bonus is not granted to anyone.



This is not true. The correct answer is: 'moves'. As soon as a single players 'moves' his succesion marker into the first column, he is granted the 5VP. Even, if during the next (additional) game turn he is moved backward (by regression) and another player moves his succession marker into the first of 2 columns, and ends up being the only one there.

In fact: It is the first player reaching the finish-line.

In the Rulebook of Western Empires we will define this more clearly.

I'll need to update my helper program then.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flo de Haan
Netherlands
Heerhugowaard
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy to help.

Anyway, of all the details in the game, this is a detail.
In either case, any play-group may find a solution for themselves (house rules).

But at least it will be included in the new edition.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Flodehaan wrote:
This is the exact addition as written in the Rulebook for Western Empires:

* When using the Expert A.S.T.: As soon as that player moves his succession marker into the first of two 'Late Iron Age' epoch columns, he is granted the 5 Victory Points bonus card, regardless of what happens in the additional (final) game turn.

Ok, that wording sounds much more clear than the version I'm looking at, which seems to fairly clearly say something different. Thanks for the clarification!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.