Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Lakatos
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been out of playing this a loooong time. (In other words I've missed all the news and updates along the way.)

Is there a place/thread that discusses changes between this new release and my original?

I saw that the new rules will still apply to "legacy" decks. Are there Errata someplace?

I frequently curse KS for bringing new and old items to my list and this is one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery Hudson
United States
Washington
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a playtest doc with design notes (p. 5) on some of the changes and why.

https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/8d40ad_f04e92d3cf1c42948c1e14...

The doc does a better job listing why the changes are there then I can, but it is more than just a new art set. My personal problem is i'm not sure i can justify rebuying an army that i already own for a game that hardly gets playtime. I do want to flesh out the factions I don't have though and the KS is a good way of doing that.

Hopefully the doc helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery Hudson
United States
Washington
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked about just re-inforcements and Cory said to contact him after the KS and we might be able to work something out with the pledge. You may want to comment and ask about the same thing.

Im assumed all factions going forward will be one package for all cards, like the Hawkshold, Dark Elves, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, packages from now on (and in fact already since the later fantasy factions, like Dark Elves, or then all the Historical ones) are done as complete decks.

And Jeffery already said, I am sure YMG will be willing to accomodate these custom requests after the Kickstarter ends. It helps them too to clear out their stock, which in turn accelerates future reprints etc...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YMG Corey
msg tools
Hi all, sorry I haven't responded before now; I treated myself to a midday showing of Avengers Endgame (no spoilers).

orionstars wrote:

I saw that the new rules will still apply to "legacy" decks. Are there Errata someplace?

We'll be publishing an errata for older factions soon. They used to live in the old rulebook, but we thought that was an inefficient way to do it. However most of those errata predate this version of the rules.

Barronmore wrote:
My personal problem is i'm not sure i can justify rebuying an army that i already own for a game that hardly gets playtime. I do want to flesh out the factions I don't have though and the KS is a good way of doing that.

According to the 'marketing gurus,' this is supposedly the opportunity for me to up-sell you. But I loathe sounding like a used car salesman, so I'll be brief: I have a prototype, and the cards are gorgeous. And if you get the "Hawkshold and One Enemy" tier you also get two copies of the Ancient Blue Dragon.

That said, if you just want to fill out some factions, I totally understand. Go ahead and pledge at $10 per reinforcement box. That would also be a huge help towards our goal, so thank you very much!

blaecblaed wrote:

As well as some complete factions, there are a couple of reinforcement decks I'd like but it doesn't look like the KS will be selling just reinforcements, only bundles of base + reinforcement.

Last time we had everything a la carte and we got a lot of feedback about that being intimidating/confusing for someone just getting into Battleground.

If you need some reinforcement decks, then pledge at the right dollar amount and we'll work it out. If you're buying just Reinforcements decks, they're $10 each.

Quote:
From the looks of the Hawkshold cards, pasteups for some units shouldn't be too hard to maintain compatibility so single decks are desirable for me.

Yeah, that's why we posted up some samples on the development blog. We wanted to take care of people who'd supported us in the past and give you an opportunity to use the updated rules. Of course the production value won't be the same, but you'll at least have a playable faction.

Quote:
Has YMV announced the packaging format, are all the reprints going to be dual deck pacakges like Hawkshold?

The packaging format for Fantasy factions going forward is a single box. The entire faction for $35 (or $30 if you pledge on the Kickstarter). Check out the new Hawkshold box here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery Hudson
United States
Washington
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
blaecblaed wrote:
Barronmore wrote:
My personal problem is i'm not sure i can justify rebuying an army that i already own for a game that hardly gets playtime.

Same situation here. As well as some complete factions, there are a couple of reinforcement decks I'd like but it doesn't look like the KS will be selling just reinforcements, only bundles of base + reinforcement. From the looks of the Hawkshold cards, pasteups for some units shouldn't be too hard to maintain compatibility so single decks are desirable for me.

Has YMV announced the packaging format, are all the reprints going to be dual deck packages like Hawkshold?

Just saw the good news on the KS page. The pledge manager will have an a la cart system that will allow you to add reinforcement boxes for $10 a box. You can pledge now to help them reach the goal and then 'customize' your content in the pledge manager after the campaign ends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YMG Corey
msg tools
Yeah I'll be making that official tomorrow or the next day with an update. getting caught up on a backlog of stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YMG Corey
msg tools
Update #7: Reinforcements

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls