Thomas B
Denmark
Vejle
flag msg tools
As the title implies, I'm not sure if I understand Legolas's hero ability correctly. It says he is allowed to move 1 space per turn without provoking an enemy. Ok, but is that considered part of one of his travel actions, or is it an entirely seperate free action, meaning you could move a total of 5 spaces in one turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unlimited Power
msg tools
mbmbmb
His ability if used (by spending the 1 inspiration) generates a movement point. This movement point can be added to existing movement points generated from a move action (or other triggers that generate movement points) or simply used by itself. It is not an action and can be used before or after other non-move actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Petilli
msg tools
mbmb
Legolas' hero ability is not an action. It mimics one but unless an effect explicitly says it's an action it is not one, even if it behaves like one.

Related: I think Legolas has one of the most powerful out-of-the-gate abilities for precisely this reason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Pak
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
absofruitly not, it's not an action. Have at it and move for free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Y.
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are plenty of other ‘free actions’ in the game, such as Gimli’s card that allows him to make a free attack at the start of his turn.

Learning to utilize these free ‘actions’ it important to the gameplay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dickson
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought it just meant that as part of a normal move action, he can use his ability to not provoke someone in his space. I wasn't reading it as its own distinct movement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoardGame Goalie
msg tools
Aye - basically, if someone says you can spend something or do something and doesn't say "as an action"(or whatever the wording is), then it's free to use on top of your regular 2 actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.