Popular Tags: [View All]
Caroline Black
United Kingdom
Braintree
Essex
flag msg tools
Tigger playing Agricola. He lost!
mbmbmbmbmb
Been really enjoying Wingspan lately and I am looking for another engine builder. Would like a game with a smaller footprint. Thinking of getting Fleet. However, I wondering which expansion, if any is best for solo play. Artic Bounty seems to have a solo option. But are some of the versions on BGG better?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
It's a love/hate relationship.
badge
Check out my board game instructional videos on my YouTube channel: "The Game Explainer".
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't help with your question about the card game, as I haven't played it solo. But you should check out Fleet: The Dice Game, as it has a great solo mode built right in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Groll
Germany
Marburg
Hessen
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Fleet is a great game - with or without Arctic Bounty. But small footprint... hm... it still uses up a lot of table space.
The box is small though, if that is what you are looking for.

If you are looking for a tiny worker placement / engine builder game with a good solo option Mint Works is a solid option.
My group also enjoys Heroes of Dominaria quite a bit, which relies heavily on engine building.

And many deckbuilders are engine builders as well, which means that games like Paperback might work for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.