8 Posts

Myth» Forums » General

Subject: Myth single player rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
W Wharton
msg tools
mb
As a very avid Myth player who doesn't always have a bunch of people to play games with, I was wondering if there's any way to get a pdf or picture of the single player rules from the limited edition rule book? Or maybe a link to the chart if that exists somewhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Davis
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't help you with that, but I will say that those special rules in the book aren't for single player, they're for single hero games. There's nothing stopping you from playing solo and controlling multiple heroes. I think the game works better that way anyways.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W Wharton
msg tools
mb
I tend to find that when I play multiple heroes instead of one the game feels less personal, but thanks for the clarification.

Also I figure that it would be fun to play with the multi-class heroes in a normal game (even though it would probably be pretty game breaking)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WHW14 wrote:

Also I figure that it would be fun to play with the multi-class heroes in a normal game (even though it would probably be pretty game breaking)

yes,... I actually am planning on trying this,.... my son and I play two-player a lot,..... and I think two blended heroes may be a very interesting way to increase our flexibility and mold our synergy a bit more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Davis
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm guessing that just posting a scan or photos of the pages from the book might break copyright laws. Would anyone who has the book be willing to type up a rules reference sheet tho?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J D
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
davro33 wrote:
I'm guessing that just posting a scan or photos of the pages from the book might break copyright laws. Would anyone who has the book be willing to type up a rules reference sheet tho?

I doubt anyone would go through the effort. I've dropped hints or downright asked explicitly several times if anyone would PM me the solo rules, to no avail. This stuff is being held to a high degree of exclusivity by those in the know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zee ogre
msg tools
mbmbmb
Jacob Dryearth wrote:
davro33 wrote:

I doubt anyone would go through the effort. I've dropped hints or downright asked explicitly several times if anyone would PM me the solo rules, to no avail. This stuff is being held to a high degree of exclusivity by those in the know.

The MCG folks were really laid back about people sharing their content and growing the game in this forum, but I don't think anyone has said how Ulisses Spiele will react to that sort of thing. I wouldn't expect too much sharing of Journeyman stuff until there's an official announcement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Schmidt
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JD, I pm'd you about the single player rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.