Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kamila Koprowska
United Kingdom
Kidlington
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kingdomino German edition (game language independent)

http://meeplescorner.co.uk/Board-Games/Kingdomino-Revised-Pe...

£11.50 + shipping

5% discount code: BGPAPR19
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J G
msg tools
Picked it up for a similar price a few months ago and - even at that point - felt shortchanged. Very, very shallow gameplay. Still, if you know you'll love it - fill your boots.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maximus
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PeppaPot wrote:
Picked it up for a similar price a few months ago and - even at that point - felt shortchanged. Very, very shallow gameplay. Still, if you know you'll love it - fill your boots.

Not sure what you were expecting....its a gateway game, and has some nice tactical play involved.

Very strange comment for someone who doesnt have a single game logged in their collection. No doubt you are too hardcore to play a game with basic mechanics.

Fantastic deal, and a great game to introduce people to games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J G
msg tools
Even for a gateway game, it's exceptionally limited. There's little to 'get' after a first play and all groups (kids, parents, friends) have had an "Oh, that's it" reaction.

As I mentioned, absolutely pick it up if it's been on your list for a while. But watch a rules explanation/ playthrough first.

Yeah, also haven't added my collection here as I mostly just dip in and out for bargain threads. But my collection combines elegance, accessibility, and replayability. This game may be easy to bring to the table once, but it's not going to come back out again once people figure it out.

But, hey. There are worse things to try for a tenner I suppose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mick green
msg tools
mbmbmb
Its more tactical at 4 players with no dominoes removed from game. The last game I played was satisfying because I had a huge wheat field with no crowns on it. After surveying the tiles that had come out so far I figured a wheat with a crown was due out soon so I took the poorest tile which was a double wheat to get first choice next round. The wheat crown came out and I won the game with the help of that. I would suggest people play it a few times because I felt it was very shallow too after my first play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaka Svegelj
Slovenia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the new rules, there is always an option to play without duscarded tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.