Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Chamblee
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all, I noticed a distinct lack of review for the Table of Ultimate Gaming on here back when I ordered mine, so I thought I'd put down some thoughts for anyone who is thinking of buying one. I'll also watch this post and answer any questions that anyone would like to put to me in the comments below. Here we go!

The Product-----------------------------------------

I purchased a Walnut 3.5 Elite series of tables, which came with four cupholders as part of a promotion. Overall I am very happy with the product, although there are some small issues. The wood feels and smells really great, and adds a great ambiance to my gaming room. The construction is sturdy overall, and assembling the table was fun, and very satisfying how all the pieces come together at the end. They said at one point that assembling the table is a one person job, and should take about 2 hours. This is completely false, as it takes at least five, and you need a second person for some steps of the process. I didn't mind that, but just be aware you'll need someone to help. You'll also need some tools, as assembling the whole table with just the little wrench that they provide would be quite difficult. A screwdriver is a must, and it wouldn't hurt to have a drill, too.

The play surface itself is excellent quality, and the rim of the table that your arms will be resting on is pretty neat, too. It is a harder wood than the body, and has some sort of coating on it which will make it stand up really well. I can't imagine living without it now that I have it, haha.

Okay, now for the quibbles. The dice trays imbedded in the cupholders are pretty lame. The lip on them is so shallow, when dice roll into it they just bounce right out, making it basically useless. If the edge was just a half...no, a quarter of an inch higher, they would be great. Really weird how they messed that up. Another issue is that the metal plate with their logo on it does not bolt to the table, it's just a plate with sticky stuff on the back that you press on. It looks great now, but obviously it'll fall off in a couple years when the sticky wears off, and then there'll just be a weird ring on the table where it was, ha ha.

Overall good quality, considering this is one of the cheapest tables on the market.

Customer Service and Shipping--------------------

This is where it all falls apart for TOUG. I ordered my table on August 16th, 2018. The order wasn't completed until 8 months later in April. That is an insane turn around time, considering that a 3 month time frame was promised. The actual product took 5 months longer than planned, nearly triple what was promised. Also the customer service is some of the worst I've ever encountered. There is an order status page that you are given a link to, which is supposed to have order progress and shipping info on it, and you are told that you will receive updates regularly. Well, it has been 8 months, and that page still says that they are prepping my order, even though it already started arriving in pieces months ago. In other words, it's never been updated. Even worse, there is no automated email telling you that your order has been shipped, and they don't offer tracking numbers either. I just walked out my front door and tripped over the box one day with no warning.

Another issue is that the people who are answering emails have no idea what is going on in their company. I had to email them roughly 15 times over the various months asking for things like shipping confirmations --you know, stuff that would be automated by any other company in the world-- and they never had satisfying answers. For example, once I emailed asking for a shipping estimate. After about 5 days of no response, I email again. Later, I get a response to both emails from two different people, one telling me that the box in question should ship any time, the other telling me that it was backordered and would be very late. In another instance, I requested a tracking number for a box, and finally received a reply with the number, stating that it should be arriving in a few days. Unfortunately, the box in question had already been delivered well before that email was sent out. In a third situation, I asked for a tracking number and was told that there had been a delay and it could be up to two months late. The box showed up the next day. They have no idea what is going on, and just tell you whatever you want to hear, apparently. You will noticed that there's a lot of back and forth here, and that's because the table arrived in four separate shipments, spread over several months, and I had to email back and forth for each of them. It must be crazy working there. They must be way understaffed or something.

So yeah, good table, crazy bad service and much longer than promised timeframe. They are cheap though, so I'm on the fence as to if I would send others to them. Will the bad service really matter five years from now when I'm still playing on my table? Maybe not, but for a 1000+ dollar purchase, the service is shameful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Anderson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Useful review, thank you! I think I'll be sticking with gaming on my dining room table, or if I buy a gaming table, buy from someone that makes them locally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.