1 Posts

Innovation» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Chemistry + education combo = better than mathematics rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joel Horo
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So proud of my win on BGA (see https://en.boardgamearena.com/#!table?table=43749486 for replay).

The opponent managed to grab the 1/2 achievements + 1 or 2 others. I managed to score a couple of 3s thanks to Metalworking. Education allowed me to return one of them against a 3+2=5 in my hand, which happened to be Chemistry. Playing Chemistry (age 5) then let me return some cards from my scoring pile, and score a 5+1=6. Did it twice, then used education again to get an 6+2=8, by which time I figured that my way to end the game was to keep doing that until I use have 2 9s in my scoring pile, that allow me to use education to draw an 11, which ends the game

I had to be patient, because I would end up with just a 9 in my influence, so needed to take off some points of the opponent, but he was still at age 5 or so and so he had to try to meld more cards to have any hope to score more, so I was confident I'd be able to either score more 9s or decimate his influence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.