Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Sum
United Kingdom
Sutton coldfield
West midlands
flag msg tools
mb
Can't decide should l get the retail version( hopefully cheaper than Kickstarter add-on ).

Anyone know what price is retail version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
msg tools
badge
It's so FLUFFY!!!!
mb
First quote from The Game Steward

Quote:
Eagle-Gryphon has a Minimum Advertised Price Policy for online sales. Once the 90 day period is over, the game may be advertised at 10% off MSRP. As others have pointed out, the MSRP for the standard game will be $120, so you should see prices of $108 online.

We (The Game Steward) have the Kickstarter Edition, with an MSRP of $139.99, so we will reduce the price after 90 days to $125.99. That includes all the stretch goals from the Kickstarter campaign.

Eagle_Gryphon_Games wrote:

The msrp for On Mars is $120. The KS Upgrade kit will have an MSRP of $10.
Edit: Oops! I posted the MSRP for On Mars too.

Randal has stated in other threads or maybe in the KS comments for On Mars that you should not expect to see it (EP) drop in price/go on sale any time soon. OR I'm imagining that, but I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
msg tools
badge
It's so FLUFFY!!!!
mb
The 90 day period is that promise EGG makes to backers of the campaigns not to lower the price prior to 90 days after fulfillment starts for the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kikaidurr
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ParisPink wrote:
The 90 day period is that promise EGG makes to backers of the campaigns not to lower the price prior to 90 days after fulfillment starts for the game.

Which is dumb. I mean whats the point of that, just to make backers feel special for 90 days?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
msg tools
badge
It's so FLUFFY!!!!
mb
Chigatterun wrote:
ParisPink wrote:

Which is dumb. I mean whats the point of that, just to make backers feel special for 90 days?

It's not just backers, it's also retailers (who backed it) as well as EGG themselves. Edit: It's posted quite clearly near the bottom of their campaign page for On Mars too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy M
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Chigatterun wrote:
ParisPink wrote:

It’s an incentive to encourage people to back. Also, a promise to alleviate concerns of people burned by previous campaigns where the games ended up in retail before getting shipped to backers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eagle-Gryphon Games
msg tools
publisher
badge
www.Eagle-Gryphon.com
mbmbmbmbmb
ParisPink wrote:
...90 days after fulfillment completes for the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan M
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Escape Plan on KS cost me roughly $150 Canadian, including shipping. Right now, Canadian online shops are selling the "standard edition" for $160 (plus tax and shipping) and the KS version for $185 (plus).

I assume the average FLGS retailer who hopes to sell the game and didn't back through KS somehow, will be selling the game for even higher.

For me, when it comes to new Lacerda games from EGG the only question is do I want it or not. If I want it, KS is really the only way to go. If I'm not willing to pay the KS price, I'm not going to buy it later for more money and possibly less content in the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Campbell
Canada
Verdun
Quebec
flag msg tools
Mools wrote:
For me, when it comes to new Lacerda games from EGG the only question is do I want it or not. If I want it, KS is really the only way to go. If I'm not willing to pay the KS price, I'm not going to buy it later for more money and possibly less content in the box.

That's reasonable, but this has only been the case since Escape Plan. All of the other Lacerda+EGG games before that were available in OLGS for the normal discounted rate you would expect for any board game, so you would save the cost of shipping at the very least, but probably more. We will see what happens after the 90 day period ends once the fulfillment completes, but I think you will be right and it will be cheaper to go through KS for these EGG deluxe titles from now on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.