Hide
7 Posts

Hellboy: The Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Insight markers in the showdown rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jam Warrior
msg tools
You collect insight markers on your agent card when you hit them on the information track per pg 24.

There's an insight section of the confrontation board.

The case file card refers to using insight markers on the confrontation board to do something.

BUT

I can't actually find anything telling me to move my insight markers from my agent board onto the confrontation board.

Am I being blind or is it missing? I'm assuming they just all go on to the board as soon as it flips?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan
United Kingdom
York
Yorkshire
flag msg tools
"It's a funny kind of month, October. For the really keen cricket fan it's when you discover that your wife left you in May." Denis Norden
mbmbmb
Any insight markers you’ve collected go into the insight marker area when you flip the board over. The 5th Case File card from the tutorial (‘Eviction Notice’) states that:

“When an Agent makes a Fight or Shoot action that targets the Boss, upgrade one die for each insight on the Confrontation Board.”

I haven’t opened any of the other Case Files yet (I’m still having fun playing the tutorial scenario with all of the various characters) but I assume they all have similar instructions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jam Warrior
msg tools
But being pedantic, it doesn't tell you to put them on the board from your agent card. Just the effect if they were there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oda
msg tools
But if it were me, I'd really wanna be, a giant woman.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It references that they were collected during the scenario, so it would follow that the source is the player board. But you're right, it's not explicit (at least not for that case, I haven't opened any others yet).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Davies
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Do you know if once you have used an insight token to upgrade a dice in the scenario, do you discard it, or does it stay on the board for further use. I cannot see anything that states to remove it but it seems odd to keep it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oda
msg tools
But if it were me, I'd really wanna be, a giant woman.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AFAIK the rules (at least on the 1st case confrontation card) never state to remove them from the confrontation board, so I believe they are reusable. I have no idea what is stated on further confrontation cards, and the rulebook suggests that insight may be used differently in different cases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten
Germany
Sachsen
flag msg tools
"The only thing you are going to see, is the burning hand of overdue justice." - Lobster Johnson
badge
“There are only three forms of high art: the symphony, the illustrated children's book and the board game.” - Saga
mbmbmbmbmb
There are cases that tell you to remove the tokens after you use them to make a special action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.