Subject: Large group organized play rules? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph McLachlan
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know if Mitch plans to release the custom rules set used in this event:

https://warontherocks.com/2019/04/how-does-the-next-great-po...

I would love to organize a 4+ player game, with each player in control of a different aspects, but in a rules format that is teachable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not plan to do so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph McLachlan
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not surprising, Im sure its something you only want to use in an official capacity. Thanks for letting me know though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Shelton
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
I suspect that a lot of the changes are not Mitch’s to release.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not just that; it's just that it won't be the game as published.

The idea isn't simplification because the rules are too hard. The Standard Rules are already easy.

The idea is to streamline the approach so that resolution of activities, especially combat, is quicker. To do that, we're going to lose a lot of the fidelity currently in the CRT, i.e., basically, for the most part, just drop all the possible DRMs. This will radically change the way the game works, but, as I've said before, the participants aren't really there to play the game as published. They're just using the bones to support their other purposes of learning the dynamic interchanges between strategic decisions and operational actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.