Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan D
United States
Brighton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
Hi everyone,

I'm located in Michigan (between Ann Arbor and Lansing) and want to get into 18xx games. I've managed to get an intro game scheduled at the end of next month but I'm worried I won't be able to last that long. I've picked up copies of 1830 and 1846 although I don't know how to play apart from some introductory material that I've consumed on YouTube. Does anyone in the area play 18xx regularly? I can probably get out of the house once every so often on a Sunday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ty L
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
If you can't wait to play and have a lot of patience (paradoxical, I know) you might try finding an online game (on rr18xx or board18 or rails) via the PBEM clearinghouse thread or the 18xx or HOGGS slacks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark G.
United States
Holland
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We have an active group in western Michigan (Holland / Zeeland area), but that is a couple of hours drive from you.

We do host some weekend and all-day Saturday events throughout that year. I maintain a Google group related to 18xx in west Michigan. If you would like to join that group, send me a PM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Stevenson
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yeknom02 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm located in Michigan (between Ann Arbor and Lansing) and want to get into 18xx games. I've managed to get an intro game scheduled at the end of next month but I'm worried I won't be able to last that long. I've picked up copies of 1830 and 1846 although I don't know how to play apart from some introductory material that I've consumed on YouTube. Does anyone in the area play 18xx regularly? I can probably get out of the house once every so often on a Sunday.

I meet with a couple of friends in Okemos (near E. Lansing) to play 18xx ... we are meeting tomorrow Saturday May 3rd at 9AM ... I think we're playing 1830 tomorrow. PM me if interested

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.