Popular Tags: [View All]
Michal Kopec
Canada
Acton
Ontario
flag msg tools
new user
Whats a better overall 2 player game

Valeria card kingdoms , game of thrones fantasy flight , or aventuria adventures

Looking for something to play with the wife. We are moderate level gamers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Phillips
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Valeria is my favorite of those. It's the lightest as well. Aventuria is a lot of fun too, but it's tough to get everything for it right now. I have not played the GoT card game, if that's what you're referring to, however, if you mean to board game, it's amazing, but you need probably 5 for it to be great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Kopec
Canada
Acton
Ontario
flag msg tools
new user
So valeria over aventuria? Ive read aventuria is mainly combat. Is valeria more than just that? I was hoping for something with a little more than just combat

Grew up playing a ton of heroes of might and magic for the pc so i love the adventuring part of that experience

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Phillips
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Valeria isn't really combat focused at all. You sort of "fight" monsters, but it's pretty abstracted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Phillips
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want to do some character customization with storyline in a card game, I would suggest one of the Pathfinder Adventure Card Games. Wrath of the Righteous was my favorite of those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Kopec
Canada
Acton
Ontario
flag msg tools
new user
What about hero realms? Heard good things about this one too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren M
Canada
Fort Vermilion
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Mikek157 wrote:

Hero Realms is a light, fast playing deck builder. It's a great, quick playing game for 2 players and can also be played with 3/4 players as well.

Expansions allow you to further build customized decks for Cleric/Wizard/Fighter/Thief/Ranger characters which slightly enhance the starting decks for each player.

Just keep in mind the game is a light deck building combat game... which is a strength (easy to learn/teach and very fast playing... under 30 minutes) and potentially a weakness if players are looking for a deeper gaming experience because there isn't a huge amount of depth to the game. It's essentially a filler type game because of its rules simplicity and speed of play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Kopec
Canada
Acton
Ontario
flag msg tools
new user
nexttothemoon wrote:
Mikek157 wrote:

Hero Realms is a light, fast playing deck builder. It's a great, quick playing game for 2 players and can also be played with 3/4 players as well.

Expansions allow you to further build customized decks for Cleric/Wizard/Fighter/Thief/Ranger characters which slightly enhance the starting decks for each player.

Just keep in mind the game is a light deck building combat game... which is a strength (easy to earn/teach and very fast playing... under 30 minutes) and potentially a weakness if players are looking for a deeper gaming experience because there isn't a huge amount of depth to the game. It's essentially a filler type game because of its rules simplicity and speed of play.

Thanks for the advice. Might be a good game to start with before diving into something deeper. Which of the 2 has a better narrative or depth. Adventuria or valeria? Which has a stronger roleplaying or adventure sense beyond just the combat

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.