Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken B
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since each player has a shelter tech tile in their player color, I was wondering whether or not we are allowed to use another player's tech to build our own shelters?

I couldn't find anything in the rules that addressed this, but due to the different colors I assumed the answer is 'no'. If we are allowed to do so, then why would we have different colored tech tiles?

How have others been playing this? (Maybe everyone always upgrades their shelter tech and so this hasn't even come up, but strangely I never did in our first -- so far, only -- game.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Lang
msg tools
mb
The rulebook says "Note: Your Shelters and your opponents’ Shelters are considered to be of different types"

I presume this means you can't use their shelter technology.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sesta
United States
Matthews
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You probably just missed it (happens to me all the time!)

Page 16 under upgrade a building, left column, last sentence.

“When upgrading a shelter, you can only upgrade one of your own shelters, not one belonging to another player.”
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cccplus wrote:
The rulebook says "Note: Your Shelters and your opponents’ Shelters are considered to be of different types"

I presume this means you can't use their shelter technology.
Thanks! Missed that -- well, didn't miss it initially, but forgot about it, and then missed it when I went to look it up just now. I think you're right, that answers the question.

That's the way we played it, by the way.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jsesta84 wrote:
You probably just missed it (happens to me all the time!)

Page 16 under upgrade a building, left column, last sentence.

“When upgrading a shelter, you can only upgrade one of your own shelters, not one belonging to another player.”

Nope, THIS one I didn't miss. But I thought it might still be possible to share technology tiles even if you can't upgrade someone else's shelter. (The latter feels intuitive to me, because it just wouldn't make sense to put your building marker on someone else's shelter.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sesta
United States
Matthews
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah sorry I misread your question I think. Pretty sure your shelter tech applies to you alone as it’s in your color which you’ve said.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.