8 Posts

This War of Mine: The Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Retail VS KS Edition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lkmg 88
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the difference between the Retail and KS Core Box (including the stretch goals) Edition? Is it just missing the Heart of the City stuffs? Does the retail edition come with the SGs too?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArtSchool
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
With the retail edition of both the core game and the expansion, you will be missing very little compared to the KS edition (maybe the rubble die and a bit of extra content like the heart of the city or the siege stuff if I am not wrong, but nothing critical). In fact, the expansion revamped and included some of the KS content in an improved version, like the farmers and sewers expansions, which are better than their KS couterparts.

I would have happily waited for retail, had I known that they would release an expansion which included some of the KS extras -I had to pay twice for some things if I wanted to get the new, upgraded contents. In turn, I also had to pay for many things which I already had, like the 13th survivor, another copy of some minis, scenarios, etc. A terrible move by AR/Galakta, if you ask me.

Long story short, I would recommend that you go retail (core+expansion or even just the base game) unless you find a very good deal for a KS version. There's plenty of gameplay contents there, you won't be missing much, and maybe they will even add some of that KS stuff in a future expansion, who knows?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shu1984 wrote:
With the retail edition of both the core game and the expansion, you will be missing very little compared to the KS edition (maybe the rubble die and a bit of extra content like the heart of the city or the siege stuff if I am not wrong, but nothing critical). In fact, the expansion revamped and included some of the KS content in an improved version, like the farmers and sewers expansions, which are better than their KS couterparts.

I would have happily waited for retail, had I known that they would release an expansion which included some of the KS extras -I had to pay twice for some things if I wanted to get the new, upgraded contents. In turn, I also had to pay for many things which I already had, like the 13th survivor, another copy of some minis, scenarios, etc. A terrible move by AR/Galakta, if you ask me.

Long story short, I would recommend that you go retail (core+expansion or even just the base game) unless you find a very good deal for a KS version. There's plenty of gameplay contents there, you won't be missing much, and maybe they will even add some of that KS stuff in a future expansion, who knows?

I disagree.
if you buy retail.you miss out on quite a lot of exclusives..and these really do add a huge amount to the game!...plus you will need to buy the expansion as well.whereas if you went all in on the KS.you get everything!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad103
United States
Skaneateles
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shu1984 wrote:

Wait, what? Why did you get a bunch of extra copied stuff? Did you not just buy the KS upgrade kit? Cost was very low and gives you only the stuff you need. KS version definitely saved me money, and got exclusives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
barry peters
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Doh!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lkmg 88
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the dog miniature piece available in the retail version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian S
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
No it isn't (at least not in what's currently been released).

However it's very easy to find a cheap substitute miniature considering the subject matter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ive got a FULL Kickstarter up for trade on here.also put it on ebay..only used a bit of it once!.mostly still packed up.everythings like new.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.