Crokinole» Forums » General

Subject: Mayday 2018 board rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
D B
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
So just before Christmas I picked up a mayday board for crazy cheap from their website. It was half off if I remember. Anyway, we have been playing on it for several months. I store it under my couch so it lays flat all the time. It has proven to be worthwhile for some awesome family tournaments. I am happy with it. My kids bring friends over to play. They are less than nice to our board. It is now my beater to have kicking around or camping. I am now in the market for an upgrade. I will need to save some cash to buy a Tracy board. Thanks Mayday for introducing me and my family to an awesome game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Halsey
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love my Mayday board. It’s my first. Got it on kickstarter. It’s still in great shape and I love introducing new people to the game. It’s often asked for on game night. I keep it in the travel case I bought for it under my guest room bed to keep it safe and flat.

I’m also grateful to Mayday for letting me into this game at a price point I could handle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Vieu
United States
Woodridge
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
drbol wrote:
So just before Christmas I picked up a mayday board for crazy cheap from their website. It was half off if I remember. Anyway, we have been playing on it for several months. I store it under my couch so it lays flat all the time. It has proven to be worthwhile for some awesome family tournaments. I am happy with it. My kids bring friends over to play. They are less than nice to our board. It is now my beater to have kicking around or camping. I am now in the market for an upgrade. I will need to save some cash to buy a Tracy board. Thanks Mayday for introducing me and my family to an awesome game.

Can't wait to hear your opinion of the Tracey when you get it. The great thing is he pretty much is making them constantly so shipping should be close to immediate. I'd be interested to hear from someone who has had a pleasant experience with mayday to compare a Tracey. Glad you found your way to such a fun game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tracey boards are great. It's hard to believe how much better a quality Crokinole board plays from a $99 one. The speed and action it's like almost playing a different game. Plus for the quality the price is unbeatable. You won't regret your purchase, you'll just be kicking yourself for not getting one sooner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Clensy
United States
Glenbrook
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mayday's engaged in some, shall we say "colorful" business practices in the past and many still complain about their sleeves, but I have to say they did a wonderful thing creating a decent board for under 100 bucks.

I have enjoyed my Mayday board since 2012. I thought I'd have a "real" board by now, but it's hard to justify the cost when my Mayday board is so much fun.

That said, those $300+ boards play so smoooooth. I imagine I'll get one some day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.