Popular Tags: [View All]
Hoopder
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
I'll always pick the archer
badge
I had and have a wholly unsatisfied desire to shoot well with a bow. -J.R.R. Tolkien
mbmbmbmbmb
During a fight, I had an enemy summon an exalted esper that dealt one of my characters damage. That character had the Last Laugh discipline, which would allow him to deal an irreducible damage back to the source dealing him damage (and more if that damage KOs my character).

Would Last Laugh just not trigger here since the source of the damage doesn't have any hp or even a figure on the board, or would the source of the damage be considered to be the figure that summoned the exalted esper in the first place?

Since it KO'd my character, the second part of the ability would be pretty relevant if the source of the damage is the figure who summoned the exalted esper and not the exalted esper itself. Fight ended up going my way anyway but this was something I was left wondering about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brooklynn Lundberg
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jbethany wrote:
During a fight, I had an enemy summon an exalted esper that dealt one of my characters damage. That character had the Last Laugh discipline, which would allow him to deal an irreducible damage back to the source dealing him damage (and more if that damage KOs my character).

Would Last Laugh just not trigger here since the source of the damage doesn't have any hp or even a figure on the board, or would the source of the damage be considered to be the figure that summoned the exalted esper in the first place?

Since it KO'd my character, the second part of the ability would be pretty relevant if the source of the damage is the figure who summoned the exalted esper and not the exalted esper itself. Fight ended up going my way anyway but this was something I was left wondering about.

The Source of the damage would still be the figure who summoned the Exalted Esper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hoopder
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
I'll always pick the archer
badge
I had and have a wholly unsatisfied desire to shoot well with a bow. -J.R.R. Tolkien
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the response. I figured that would be the only valid target but wanted to make sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.