Subject: No more notoriety stars to move - still complete action? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Geist
United States
Overland Park
KS
flag msg tools
The rules say that if you have gained all 4 notoriety stars/cubes that you may no longer gain notoriety on that turn. Am I still permitted to do an action that would normally cause me to gain notoriety (say replacing a fixer tile or flipping a contact card) and gain its normal benefit or result despite the fact that I cannot receive the notoriety required?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IIRC, the notoriety is a consequence of an action, not a cost.

Besides, the rules don't say "you must gain notoriety", just "gain notoriety".

So I'd say you can still do the actions, even without gaining further notoriety.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Coiner Elf Ski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the rules (p. 9):

Quote:
If you gain Notoriety and there are no more cubes in the bottom part of your Notoriety box, move 1 cube from your Blue Notoriety box back to the bottom part instead. If there are no cubes in your Blue Notoriety box, you cannot gain any more Notoriety this turn.
If you lose Notoriety and there are no more cubes in the bottom part of your Notoriety box, move 1 cube from your Red Notoriety box back to the bottom part instead. If there are no cubes in your Red Notoriety box, you cannot lose any more Notoriety this turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Geist
United States
Overland Park
KS
flag msg tools
tibbarp wrote:
From the rules (p. 9):

Quote:
If you gain Notoriety and there are no more cubes in the bottom part of your Notoriety box, move 1 cube from your Blue Notoriety box back to the bottom part instead. If there are no cubes in your Blue Notoriety box, you cannot gain any more Notoriety this turn.
If you lose Notoriety and there are no more cubes in the bottom part of your Notoriety box, move 1 cube from your Red Notoriety box back to the bottom part instead. If there are no cubes in your Red Notoriety box, you cannot lose any more Notoriety this turn.

Right, I cannot gain any more notoriety, but can I do an action that should result in a gain of notoriety, which I cannot gain if maxed out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, 2016 - Vinhos Deluxe, 2017 - Lisboa, 2018 - Escape Plan, CO2 Second Chance and Dragon Keepers - Maybe: 2019 - ROTW Portugal and On Mars, 2020 - Kanban Deluxe Edition, Mercato
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you can keep doing stuff. You cannot gain more than 4 notoriety in the same turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Geist
United States
Overland Park
KS
flag msg tools
newrev wrote:
Yes you can keep doing stuff. You cannot gain more than 4 notoriety in the same turn.

Thank you Mr. Lacerda! Another terrific design from you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nelson Cotrim
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Vital,
When gaining and losing notoriety (lets say gain 2 and later in the turn lose 1), is there a reason to add cubes to both gain and lose squares rather than just move two cubes to the gain square and later move one of the cubes back (instead of moving a cube up to the lose square)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/2025974/notoriety-mecha...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nelson Cotrim
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks!

I was going through the previous threads but must have missed yours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.