Sir Tobey
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Hi,

after my two or three first games, all catastrophic defeats, there arose some rule questions.

1.[8/9], [8/3/1/] & [12/1]
Does a unit moved outside Rhodesia in a fireforce raid stay there likewise units conducting crossborder raids and therefor qualify to have commited crossborder raids in the event of an outrage?

2. [7/2/2]
If a bill fails, there is a new election. After the election can you put up forward the bill again (and again if failed another time? So where is the challenge if you go to the polls until you get your bill passed? Or do you get the Inaction penalities if a bill fails?

3. [5/4]
The costs holding elections is given with 2$ on the costs chart. Are these 2$ identical with those you spend to advertise for the RF, and no cost if you don`t advertise. Or are these costs cummulative, i.e. paying 2$ for the election and then 2$ advertising the RF?

If the Terror level is at 7 and any event causes another raise, another Terr is deployed. My question here, in an event, like Terr in the Midlands in the Political Phase, which causes the Terror Level to raise +2, do you roll twice for the +2 or once for the event?

Thanks

Edit: after Robert Madisons helpful and kind answers, I added the rule numbers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Madison
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI: References to specific rule numbers always help!

Wolf 359 wrote:
Does a unit moved outside Rhodesia in a fireforce raid stay there likewise units conducting crossborder raids and therefor qualify to have commited crossborder raids in the event of an outrage?

Yes.

Wolf 359 wrote:

If a bill fails, there is a new election. After the election can you put up forward the bill agaib (and again if failed another time? So where is the challenge if you go to the polls until you get your bill passed? Or do you get the Inaction penalities if a bill fails?

Remember, every time you hold an election you have to spend money ($2) or suffer a -2 popularity penalty. Eventually you will run out of money and hit rock bottom for popularity (-4), and a roll of 2 or less ends the game -- meaning a roll of 6 or less on a -4 penalty ends the game.

I am assuming that behind the question is the idea that (once you "hit rock bottom") you can just keep rolling the dice with -4 popularity until you achieve a result you can live with, or the game ends. That is correct, but getting anything done with the -4 election penalty is a tough ask.

Sometimes, taking the inaction penalty is the right course of action depending on your popularity and your financial situation.

Wolf 359 wrote:

The costs holding elections is given with 2$ on the costs chart. Are these 2$ identical with those you spend to advertise for the RF, and no cost if you don`t advertise. Or are these costs cummulative, i.e. paying 2$ for the election and then 2$ advertising the RF?

It's a single $2 cost (5.4, 4th para).

Wolf 359 wrote:

If the Terror level is at 7 and any event causes another raise, another Terr is deployed. My question here, in an event, like Terr in the Midlands in the Political Phase, which causes the Terror Level to raise +2, do you roll twice for the +2 or once for the event?

No, just deploy one Terr.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sir Tobey
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you for the soon response.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.