Subject: Are the errata only solo-related? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lorenzo Chiappini
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I play solo, but by nature I prefer playing both sides to playing against a bot. Are all new errata only related to the latter case, or are there card misprints, errors on the counters, problems with the 2P rulebook which would be an issue when playing both sides?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Poniske
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Two card related misprints

Minor rules issues: Yellow corps boundaries are red, blue boundaries are undefined—they're actually US bases, the rules refer to a spot where 4 provinces meet at a "point" but that problem had been fixed by the artist.

Directions to form the response decks in solo mode is erroneous
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lorenzo Chiappini
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, John! Sorry to hear your solo playtester behaved so unprofessionally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon D
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
Poniske wrote:
Two card related misprints

Minor rules issues: Yellow corps boundaries are red, blue boundaries are undefined—they're actually US bases, the rules refer to a spot where 4 provinces meet at a "point" but that problem had been fixed by the artist.

Directions to form the response decks in solo mode is erroneous

John I know of the one card misprint that was noted on the slip of paper included in the game about the one card missing the 1969 designation, but what is the other?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Poniske
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
"Search and Destroy" is missing the word "Response"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
in lieu of replacement cards (any chance?) I'm thinking to photocopy the necessary phrases and tape them on to the two cards

Oh the horror! I know I'm supposed to preserve all game components as pristine as possible, but....

My kludge will be less noticeable if I sleeve, anybody know a specific sleeve size to use?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chuckster williams
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
blockhead wrote:
in lieu of replacement cards (any chance?) I'm thinking to photocopy the necessary phrases and tape them on to the two cards

Oh the horror! I know I'm supposed to preserve all game components as pristine as possible, but....

My kludge will be less noticeable if I sleeve, anybody know a specific sleeve size to use?

They are poker size cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Poniske
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That's exactly what I'm planning on doing, Mike. Moreover, if you see me at WBC this year, I will have extra sticky-back copies to hand you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AF Davis
msg tools
Hahaha, I laughed when I read this solution to the two cards as this is just what I decided to do after looking at the components yesterday evening after the game arrived. Reading the rules now over breakfast. I love the text of rulebooks in the morning

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Poniske
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
AF ... oh you sadistic bastard.

And I say that in the most endearing of tones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.