Simon Blackwell
England
Rotherfield
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I now have some of the old early AH official season sets that I have yet to play (1980-83 etc) and I'm a bit confused by the Rushing stats as they differ from later seasons. I thought I had this covered looking over the 5th edition rules but either I'm reading it wrong or there is more or less to it. I only have 4th-6th edition rules and apart from the Q&A about long PASS gains cant find any other reference. I assume this is covered in 1st-3rd edition rules?

The fifth edition rules refer in the Q&A to earlier seasons and PASS gain changes. They state the Pass Gain chart is scrapped in favour of the stats on the players card but also give a set of values if players prefer to use the basic long gain chart. Fine so far.

But then we come to the RB's and receivers cards for rushing. On for example the 1981 cards only a single column is provide for rushing on the player cards. If a #1 is drawn on the RN it states most times "SHORT GAIN" but there is no short gain column on any of the player cards. So part 1 of my exam question is how do I calculate short gains using these seasons

Next, there is after the rushing heading in bold on each card a LONG GAIN RATE followed by a Letter (R, N,J,P,Q etc). Again if the player gets a breakaway run how is this calculated? I thought originally it was using the values given in the q&a of 5th edition rules but this appear to refer specifically to pass gains and as players have different Letters attributed to them I think not.

Any help and clarification or copies of the original chart(s) if they exist would be gratefully received.

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.