9 Posts

Core Space» Forums » General

Subject: Create Crew? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darren Forbes
msg tools
mb
Hi all, I had my deluxe rulebook arrive a few days ago and have been digging in.

I never backed the game because I was honestly dissapointed with previous battlesystems terrain sets I backed so havent been getting updates on core space.

Am I right in saying that in Core Space there arent rules for creating characters, just limited to those premade crew?

If so that is a massive dissapointment.

I had seen older posts on beasts of war and the like where someone had made the Red Dwarf crew and hadnt considered the game wouldn't have such a common mechanic as character creation.

How is this even supposed to be played with large groups with such a small pool of characters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dolch Jokke
msg tools
You have the deluxe rulebook?
Then look into the section where you can create your own charakters and crew.

You can create missions, crew, equipment. Everything is in the deluxe rulebook you have to know. There are also dowloadfiles and sets for your selfmade crew.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob ter Linden
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are 6 crews available right now.
If you want to create your own you have to have the Deluxe rulebook.
Page 118: Generating Characters
With the subjects:
- Designing a Character
- New Classes
- New Civilians
- New Equipment
- New Enemies

You download the character templates HERE.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Forbes
msg tools
mb
Thanks guys, this is exactly what I was looking for and i'm not sure how I missed it.

Dumb dumb.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Mack
msg tools
mbmb
Darkside99x wrote:

I never backed the game because I was honestly dissapointed with previous battlesystems terrain sets I backed so havent been getting updates on core space.

Really? I think they are good, what didn't you like?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
Though apparently, if you do the math, the point values in the creation rules don't match the pregenerated characters. I don't think there has been any official comment on whether that's due to a change in how thing are calculated or (as a few people have speculated) a measure against min/maxed characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Forbes
msg tools
mb
Back again.

So I'm fairly certain I havent missed it this time, the rulebook doesnt seem to have an "armoury" section nor a summary of stats for what weapons exist.

Please tell me im wrong again lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Forbes
msg tools
mb
bq6JdWSqS1 wrote:
Darkside99x wrote:

Really? I think they are good, what didn't you like?

I backed the modern urban set as I have ran zombie games for years and thought it would be an easy alternative to the detailed card terrain Ive built up over the years (World works games, Stolzel's etc) but when I got it in hand it just looked a bit tacky and took too long to set up.

That said the earlier dungeon set and some of the Sci fi ones do look much better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob ter Linden
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Darkside99x wrote:
Back again.

So I'm fairly certain I havent missed it this time, the rulebook doesnt seem to have an "armoury" section nor a summary of stats for what weapons exist.

Please tell me im wrong again lol.

The Weapons are not in the rulebook indeed.
I followed them on Beast of War and they said it wasn't userfull to put the items in the book because of the upcomming expansions and stuff.

So they have a updated list on their WEBSITE.
I think you will find what you need HERE.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.