Zakimos Kleidos
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello everyone, I've got a few newbie questions and I can't seem to find a comprehensive FAQ, so please bear with me :-). I hope you'll be able to help me.

1) Trolls and corridors. When a troll is down, can it be chopped down by characters in 3rd and 4th position (i.e. the back row)?

2) When all the trolls are down, do you still have to roll for them while you chop or does it happen automatically? When do trolls roll for morale?

3) How many actions does it take to exchange weapons between a sword and shield equipped character and another one with a 2 handed weapons, and have the weapons ready?

4) If you get a 6 with the barbarian's rage attack, do you roll 3 dice even in the second roll (and eventually subsequent rolls)?

5) when you kill a dragon as the final boss (3 treasures) and you get multiple magical items, since you get 2 items instead of one, does it mean you get double that number of items, or just one more? Are scrolls considered magical items, or just the ones you get rolling 6?

6) when you find a treasure guarded by a trap, can you decide to forfeit the treasure to avoid triggering the trap?

7) When you are carrying more money AND weapons than allowed, do you get a -2 malus (-1 for having more than 200 gold pieces, and -1 for the weapons)?

8) The rulebook says that 1 is always a failure only when you roll for defence, but I've read on BGG that's not the case - 1 is a failure no matter ther roll. Which one is correct?

9) What's the purpose of the Wizard's book, since the elf learns spells in the same way? Is it just a throwback to D&D? What happens if the wizard loses the book?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dafrca
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These answers are based on my understanding of the rules and could be different if the author elects to answer.

1) In a corridors, it is my understanding only the front row can do combat.

2) When their turn begins you roll to see if one or more revive.

3) I would say one action each character.

4) As I play it, no, you only re-roll the die that came up a six.

5) So when you get a Dragon as the final boss, you could end up with six magic items depending on how you rolled your three treasure rolls.

6) Not unless your rogue was in front and disabled the trap, then you take the treasure. Otherwise trap sprung, damage taken.

7) I would play it as a single -1 for being overloaded. But I do like the idea of saying -1 for each "overload" you hit.

8) I play it that 1 is a failure on Attack, Defense, and Saves. But admit I can't point to that in the rulebook. Interesting.

9) It is the item that tracks what spells the wizard can select from. Mostly a show prop in my opinion. If they lost their book I would make them have to "rebuild" a book but it is unclear to me how they would lose their book in the core game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Standifer
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
8)pg 49: Defense Roll Modifiers: A roll of 1 is always a failure.
pg 50: Defense Roll Failure: if his Defense roll is equal to or lower than the monster’s level, or if the character rolls a natural (unmodified) 1, the character takes ONE wound.
pg 60: Rogues Disarming Traps: If he fails, or if he rolls a 1, the trap goes off as normal.
pg 60: Bashing a door open: If you roll a 1, the noise attracts unwanted attention. Roll for wandering monsters.
pg 61: Save Versus ...: If you roll lower than the target number, you suffer the consequences indicated.
pg 71: Quick Reference Sheet, Attack procedure: 1 is always a miss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dafrca
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rjstandifer wrote:
8)pg 49: Defense Roll Modifiers: A roll of 1 is always a failure.
pg 50: Defense Roll Failure: if his Defense roll is equal to or lower than the monster’s level, of if the character rolls a natural (unmodified) 1, the character takes ONE wound.
pg 60: Rogues Disarming Traps: If he fails, or if he rolls a 1, the trap goes off as normal.
pg 60: Bashing a door open: If you roll a 1, the noise attracts unwanted attention. Roll for wandering monsters.
pg 61: Save Versus ...: If you roll lower than the target number, you suffer the consequences indicated.
pg 71: Quick Reference Sheet, Attack procedure: 1 is always a miss.
rjstandifer for the win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E r i c k N. B o u c h a r d
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wizards can add new spells from scrolls to their spellbooks. Elves can't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dafrca
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
silenceindigo wrote:
Wizards can add new spells from scrolls to their spellbooks. Elves can't.

I think you are forgetting Andrea said they could learn new spells by using up the scroll.

On the Facebook group (I hate that it is where so many good answers and questions are "stored") I asked this question:

Later if the Elf get's a scroll with a different spell (Say Grogs Magnificent Glow Spell) can they burn the scroll to "learn" the spell and now add it to their available spell list for later use? Sort of like the Wizard putting the spell in their book?

And Andrea answered yes.

If you remember you even posted saying you thought not but that "But Andrea's the maestro and I'll play his tune on my accordion." A funny take n playing his tune I thought.

So Elves can learn new spells from a scroll per Andrea.

EDIT: Fixed a typo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.