Curtis Frantz
United States
State College
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
We found the first mission to be pretty difficult. Gimii and Beravor died in our final round (threat would have KOed us) after their failed last stands and it was left to Legolas to attempt the final(?) challenge of entering the enemies' lair. He gained 3 successes on a wit challenge but failed the challenge. My questions are:

1. Is this challenge always a wit challenge?

2. Do you know how many successes are required to pass? (i.e. how miserably close were we?)

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Felts
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The number of successes seems to depend on number of heroes. With 2, I think 4-5 or so was enough (no way to know exactly). With 4, we won on the last action before losing (both due to threat and from a failed last stand) after getting 9 total successes. The last action got 4 of those so somewhere between 6 and 9 needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Mowers
United States
Chittenango
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
We just finished up the intro mission last night playing as 3 players. We did not have chance to try to infiltrate the enemy lair as one of our players was hacking away at a chest trying to open it for 3 rounds haha.

We found it to be fairly difficult for an introductory mission but I suspect that was due to our lack of using our prepared skills very well and with the game teaching you to use the multiple enemy groups.

Looking forward to my next game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth L
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
so... when you test... your doing it across all players in the game? Ive only been testing the character that Triggers the test

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Frantz
United States
State College
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Skywyse wrote:
so... when you test... your doing it across all players in the game? Ive only been testing the character that Triggers the test

That's the same way we're playing. But had the other characters lived, they all could have attempted on their respective turns. And it's my understanding (as per the rules reference) that some challenges, including the one I referenced, are cumulative. Even if you don't get text indicated that you succeeded, the game remembers that you had 1 or 2 successes towards an overall threshold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Bird
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
My son and I played for the first time last night and as Bilbo I lost an agility test on my second or third turn trying to get into a cave filled with traps. I had no inspiration and took 3 damage and failed the last stand. That was a surprising and brutal start! Rather than skip the rest of the adventure and go on to the next, we deleted the campaign and started a new one. We're only 3 or 4 rounds in and have already triggered 2 threat events and are gaining around 9 threat every round while trying to deal with the enemies that keep popping up. We're having fun, but it's been tough so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BC
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
Putting this here while I try to think of something really clever...
badge
Just smile, no one gets out alive.
mbmbmbmbmb
tribefan07 wrote:
Skywyse wrote:

That's the same way we're playing. But had the other characters lived, they all could have attempted on their respective turns. And it's my understanding (as per the rules reference) that some challenges, including the one I referenced, are cumulative. Even if you don't get text indicated that you succeeded, the game remembers that you had 1 or 2 successes towards an overall threshold.
The Star Wars: Imperial Assault – Legends of the Alliance app campaigns utilize blind tests in that manner so I would assume the same applies here as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Skywyse wrote:

Only the character that triggers the test performs the test.

However, for tests where the app asks you to input how many successes you drew, it will often accumulate those successes across all instances of that test. So for example, if the test requires five successes, and two players each attempt the test and get three success and two successes respectively, then the first player will fail the test but the second player will pass it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Petilli
msg tools
mbmb
birdman566 wrote:
My son and I played for the first time last night and as Bilbo I lost an agility test on my second or third turn trying to get into a cave filled with traps. I had no inspiration and took 3 damage and failed the last stand. That was a surprising and brutal start! Rather than skip the rest of the adventure and go on to the next, we deleted the campaign and started a new one. We're only 3 or 4 rounds in and have already triggered 2 threat events and are gaining around 9 threat every round while trying to deal with the enemies that keep popping up. We're having fun, but it's been tough so far.
Bilbo is very spikey like that due to his low Wound threshold. He's the only character to have a threshold that low in either Fear or Would. Normally he's able to mitigate those big hits using his ample ways to acquire Hidden but if something catches him outside of that it can be absolutely devastating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rutter
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. No - in my Hard solo campaign (Bilbo & Gimli) it was an Agility test

2. I think Bilbo passed it with only 2 successes...

Reading the other responses I wasn't aware some tests kept prior results, so that's good to know. (Is there any way of telling which ones they are?)

Pretty sure (95%) that the test I had was Bilbo's first attempt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Frantz
United States
State College
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kendraam wrote:
1. No - in my Hard solo campaign (Bilbo & Gimli) it was an Agility test

2. I think Bilbo passed it with only 2 successes...

Reading the other responses I wasn't aware some tests kept prior results, so that's good to know. (Is there any way of telling which ones they are?)

Pretty sure (95%) that the test I had was Bilbo's first attempt.

After reading the rules again, it sounds like most or all challenges that make you input # of successes are cumulative in that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.