BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Community » BoardGameGeek Community

Subject: How to record a videochat - help needed rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Check my YouTube channel "Boardgame Heaven"!
badge
Feel free to geekmail me about reviews, or if you need a microbadge designed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone!

I was wondering if there are any geeks out there with experience in doing video-interviews and recording them.
I usually just do game reviews, using my Canon EOS M6, and then editing that in my editing software.
But now I've been invited to do a video-interview about an upcoming game, and I'd like to record that, and be able to edit a nice video from that afterwards.
So I guess I'd need a recording of my webcam, so I can address the viewers, and a recording of what I'll be seeing/receiving from the other end.
Basically 2 frames with 1 audio recording, so I can swap frames and/or place one frame in a corner of the video, and one as the main viewing screen.

Any ideas on how to approach this are welcome, as well as possible software to use (preferably freeware).

I've tried using my Canon EOS M6 as a webcam, but I can't seem to get that to work. I've installed EOS Utility, but that can only import pictures, not video it seems. If anyone has experience setting that up, I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
We always have time for the things we put first.
mbmbmbmbmb
You might want to also post on RPGG, because I think roleplayers do this more for online games. If everyone's in Google Hangouts, you may be able to do it that way, but not sure about editing options afterwards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Cervone
msg tools
Hello Raymond,

I do live interviews with BGR and think I can help you out here. The setup I use is this:

Logitech 920C (recording/streaming me)
Two monitors
Audio capture device/mic (Blu Yeti connected via USB or lapel mic with sound blaster usb capture device)
OBS software
Install OBS onto your computer/laptop and setup your mic as the output sound. Next create 3 scenes (primary cam, primary cam and Skype, Skype only)
In both the duel scene and Skype scene add the second monitor as a screen capture so to pull the video of your interviewee. In all three scenes make sure your audio output (mic) and audio input (desktop sound) is added. This way when you switch scenes you won’t lose audio from either you or your interviewee. When you are ready to record, just hit start recording and everything that is in the main screen will be recorded. You can also choose to livestream and or livestream and record at the same time.

Those are the must haves. Anything else you want to add such as overlays, videos, green screen keying is all up to you. There is also an online program that does all of this called BeLive. But I don’t know if you can record it as well
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.